He & She

Khione's pov

Lindy turned back her eyes gleaming with humor and mischief.I sighed and opened my mouth to explain the situation to her when she burst out laughing.

After that she said,"You really need to drink some hot tea.You have got a really bad cold.For a minute I thought it was a guy's sneeze.You really have a very virile sneeze." 

Her laughter echoed in my room as she slowly walked out of my room still laughing in a very unladylike manner.

As soon as she left I quickly closed the door and walked swiftly towards my fitting room.Nathaniel was crouched down like a little child in one corner of the room, his hand tightly clasping his own mouth.

When he saw me he quickly got up and started apologising for his ill-timed sneeze.I had originally decided to nag him regarding this matter but right now he seemed so flustered that I decided to let it go.

He quickly got up and said, 'I should leave now before I cause anymore troubles for you'.He hurried across my room and peeped through the door and quickly walked away.

After he walked out I closed my door and then I sat down on my bed with my hand on my forehead.The day had only started but I was feeling very tired.I knew that Nathaniel had heard the conversation between Lindy and me regarding Camilia and I knew that even though Nathaniel had chosen not to inquire me about this matter now he would surely not forget about it.

I had to be more careful now.I was now walking on eggshells.

I lay down on my bed and closed my eyes for some time when Samara's voice rang from outside.I slowly got up and opened the door.I had work to do and people to avoid.

Nathaniel's pov

Why am I hiding in her fitting room?

Why did that girl have to come and meet Khione right now.Such bad timing.I had come here to apologize and now I'm stuck here.It was so hard for me to even gather the courage to show up in front of her door.I guess today is not my day.

When I saw her face when she opened the door I felt guilt run over me.Her eyes had been red and puffy.I'm pretty sure she had been crying earlier.

I was deep in my thoughts when suddenly my cheeks felt warm when I remembered how she had put her hands on my mouth to stop me from talking.She really is something else.To do such a bold thing when she is an unmarried noble woman.What was she even thinking?

I waited as Khione and her friend conversed with each other when suddenly out of nowhere the other girl asked Khione about Camilia. My ears perked up at the mention of Camilia's name. Khione's answer didn't sound completely like a lie but at the same time veiled.It was like she knew more than she was letting on.

Then both of them talked about some other things and after some time when the other girl was about to leave a sneeze suddenly left my body.I quickly clasped my mouth tightly dreading the coming reaction.

My heart was beating quickly when that girl started laughing, thinking it was Khione who had sneezed.A breath of relief escaped from me when I heard the door close.

The School Library

"Aria you need to stop talking so loudly.The librarian will throw us out at this rate",whispered Jordan.Both of them were studying for the upcoming Trivilinge written exam.

Aria replied, "Okay okay don't be such a damper,I won't speak loudly now."

Jordan made an irky face and then continued reading his book.After a few minutes passed Jordan looked up to see what Aria was doing since some time had passed and she had not once made any sound.When he saw her a small smile formed on his lips.

Aria's head was on the table and her eyes were shut

Jordan pulled his chair  towards to table and  looked closely at Aria's sleeping face.Aria looked like a small child when she was sleeping her face bathing in the sunlight coming from the nearby window.

Jordan hadn't realized when this girl had managed to enter his heart.In all his memories of her, they were always fighting or bickering about pointless things so when did he started harbouring such feelings towards was something even he was oblivious about.When did such warmth start spreading in his chest when he looked at her smiling?When did he start becoming aware of her actions whenever she was near him?When did he start smiling more?

All of these questions stormed his brain whenever he was alone but when she was in front of him he only saw her and every logical cell in his brain seemed to evaporate.

 He put his head on the table and closed his eyes.

Both of them had their heads on the table, their visages facing each other and sunlight pouring on them as if even the heaven's were blessing this match.