Povs

Marionette's pov

In the classroom before the race

What should I do? Should I go and ask Kaelean to be my partner? No No I can't. How can I forget that he is the most dangerous death flag?

Should I just ask some random person?

I looked around and saw a group of guys surrounding Khione's desk.Damn that girl is really popular for just an extra character.Why is she standing out so much even though she was never mentioned in the novel?

Then I saw Eugene, the other main lead of this novel, the only person who was kind to Mary although she was accused of doing so many bad things.Eugene in the novel was an aloof guy who was acclaimed as a genius throughout the empire.Although he never liked Mary but near the end of the story he starts to pity her as she had always loved and chased the crown prince Kaelean but he had never once even looked at her.

I was lost in my thoughts for a second when I heard Eugene ask Khione to be his partner . When I heard his request I was shocked.Eugene was one of the main leads and it was pretty evident in the novel that he had never liked and talked with any woman until he met the female lead Suzy.

Then he whispered something to her and returned back to his seat.I then looked around to find someone to ask him or her to be my partner. Then I saw Kaelean looking at Khione and then at Eugene .I let out a sigh. The whole plot seemed to be moving in some other direction and one thing was sure: the wheel that was changing it was Khione Rensteil.

I asked some boys and girls to be my partner but they all refused. I knew that the main reason behind this was the engagement annulment between Kaelean and me.I now had only three people left to ask Kaelean, Eugene and Khione.

I turned towards Eugene (he was the best option among the three in my opinion) and asked him to be my partner. To my surprise he accepted my offer.

After the race

I was surprised when I saw that Khione and Kaelean had paired up together and although they were giving each other death glares, they managed to finish the race very quickly.

I was looking at them when I saw Kaelean hold Khione's hand when she turned round to leave.He seemed to be saying something .Then suddenly another hand grabbed khione's vacant hand and pulled her towards her and whispered something to her. But what really shocked me was when Kaelean also pulled Khione closer to his chest with his red eyes full of provocation.Eugene gave him a small smile but this smile was not that of amity instead his blue eyes were shining and everyone looking at them could feel the coldness in his eyes.Then Kaelean released Khione's hand and walked away.Everyone was looking at the scene unfolding before them as Khione turned around and said something to Eugene and then walked away.

Everything that just happened made me feel ticked off and I went back to my room.

Kaelean's pov

After the face/off

Why did I do that?Why did I didn't let go of her hand and why did I pull her closer when Eugene whispered something to her?I shouldn't have done that. All of it was a mistake. But when did Eugene and Khione get so close.

I need to stop overthinking and just go back to my room. I have already apologized to Khione regarding the thing that happened earlier so now I don't need to feel guilty anymore.

I walked towards the library when I saw a red stone shining in the grass near the library .This red thing looked very familiar when suddenly a maid quickly picked it up and put it in her pocket.She turned around and started walking away hastily.

I said, 'I order you to stop right there.'The figure stopped and stood straight like a statue.I told her to turn around and to empty her pockets.She didn't turn around . I walked towards her and then ordered her again.She then turned around and showed her empty pockets which only had some copper shillings.I scoffed and told her that I had seen her put that red diamond in her pockets.Her face went white when she heard that and then she bent down.

She asked for forgiveness and told me that she had stolen it from her master.When I looked at her properly, I remembered her face. She was that maid which had tried to pick up Khione that day when she had fainted.She didn't seem that type of a person who would steal but then again why would she have a jewellery when she was just a maid.I asked her to give me the red jewellry.When I saw the red brooch I felt shocked.I knew it looked familiar but I was surprised when I realized it was the same brooch I had given to Khione.

The maid was still on the ground when I heard a familiar voice say, 'What are you doing to my maid ?'

I turned around and saw her face.Those silver eyes shining in the sun.Those eyes widened when they saw the brooch in my hand.I laughed quietly and ruffled my hair with my hand.

Khione quickly stood before her maid shielding her from me and had an indignant look in her eyes.I silently said under my breath, 'I would treasure it for life. hah! '

She looked at me but now I couldn't stand those silver eyes anymore so I walked off.I felt as if I had been fooled by her again.Even though I had constantly reminded myself not to fall into her traps, I always managed to get stuck in her web of lies. Just some days ago when I had seen her protect Felix I had thought that maybe just maybe she wasn't the person she told me she was on that day after we had lunch with my mother.But she proved to me yet again that I was just a fool for trying to thing that maybe she was not such a bad person.   

(1023 words)

I DO NOT OWN THE PHOTO
CREDIT TO THE RIGHTFUL OWNER

Authors t/n

Thank you for reading "Not even a Villainess".

I can't believe we already hit 700 + reads. Even though only a few days are left before my exams I can't help but feel happy and proud whenever I open wattpad to check on the story stats.

This is my first time writing a novel so please forgive me if I make some grammatical errors as I have to write ,edit as well as pick the appropriate photos all by myself.

I will try to update one chapter of "Not even a Villainess" every week on Thursday so please keep voting and commenting on "Not even a Villainess" and please share it on your respective social media accounts.

Please also read my other novel , 'Outside the Box' which is a highschool romance novel.

XOXO,

wangloveskimchi aka ramenroll