Hauntings of Past

Khione's pov

After about 15 minutes or so the red-headed guy started moving. He slowly got up holding his forehead with his hand as he looked at Aria and said, 'You and that crazy cousin of mine should be besties. Are you mad? You hit your old friend to protect these newcomers who you don't even know properly.'

After saying this he glared at Lindy and me as if we were the root cause of all his problems. But before he could say anything more Aria started swinging the pan in the air as if she were a juggler juggling her balls with her eyes threatening to hit that red-headed guy again if he were to say one more word against us.

The red-headed guy was aware of what Aria was capable of and then he just pouted and positioned himself on a chair all the while mumbling to himself saying, 'Such a bully. Am I the only one who scares these newcomers away, she has also scared so many guys away when they try to talk to her and the others and aren't I the leader.'

But he quickly shuts up when he sees Aria's face glowing with anger.

Jordan smiles at us awkwardly and says, 'Umm remember I told you that our club leader was going to be a bit late. He is Nathaniel, our club leader and you can call him Nate for short.'

Nathaniel starts complaining by saying, 'Just call me Nathaniel or better just don't call me at all. Both of you guys don't you dare call me Nate or I will kick you out of our club.'

Melanie quickly started trying to assure us by saying that Nathaniel was a bit out of it cause his mother had been pestering him to look for his cousin's sister who was rumored to be lost.

How could I forget it in such a small amount of time?

I quickly walked towards that Nathaniel while everyone looked at me as if I was crazy. I looked at him and asked him, 'Are you talking about Camilia?'

At first, he looked taken aback by my sudden act of chivalry but after hearing my question his expression turned smug as he told me, ' Just because I let Aria do whatever she wants to do doesn't mean that I will be as lenient on you. And why in the world do I even have to answer your question.'

I said in a low but irritated voice emphasizing the please, 'Is she or not. Just answer me. Please.'

Everyone was surprised by my actions once again. Before Nathaniel could answer me Jordan said, 'Yes they are cousins but why are you asking this question. Are you a friend of Camilia?'

Both Lindy and I looked at each other and then I said, 'No I was just curious because she is a classmate of mine.'

Jordan looked uncontended with my answer but he did not try to dig into it more. Then suddenly a girl stood near the class door and said that the principal had announced all the students to line up on the field.

All of us got up to leave.

Both Lindy and I were walking together then I felt like I needed to go to the washroom so I told her to go on without me and that I would join her soon.

I was on my way to the washroom when I saw Mary on the floor. A few girls were surrounding her and they were snickering. It was pretty evident from the situation that Mary was being bullied.

I looked at her as I passed by without doing anything. Her look was full of disbelief as she saw me walk by giving her a hand. Well, I can't do anything because it is not my job to help her. The main leads will be at her rescue and the last thing I want to do is cause more plot diversions.

I walked past when suddenly a red-headed guy passed by me. He looked at me with his eyes full of disgust as he walked over to help Mary.

Another fool who is somewhere he shouldn't be. I kept on walking not minding the disgusted glance he had thrown on me earlier. I was used to such glances. I had received them often, both in this life as well as in my previous life.

When I was walking I heard him say, 'What are you so scared of?'

I froze on the spot and turned back to see Nathaniel who had now picked Mary up. He looked at me his eyes full of concern and pity.

Pity. I hated it more than the look of disgust he had given me earlier. A train of dark memories shadowed my brain. Memories not of this life but my previous life which I had locked in my heart washed over me and all I could do was turn around and run away.

Run away from those eyes filled with pity.

Run away from past terrors. 

Run away from things that still haunted me whenever I thought about them. 

Run away run away run away so that these dark memories don't catch up to me.

I ran and for the first time in my new life, I was reminded of the very reason why I didn't deserve any happiness. But I wanted to survive. I wanted to live. In my previous life as well as in my new life I longed to survive. Even if it meant living an empty life with no hope and joy but I still desired it. 

To me, life was the only thing that I could hold onto without being lost, my only saviour and salvation.

I ran in no particular direction when suddenly I ran into a person.

The person who would be the last person I would like to show my vulnerable and broken side to.

(988 words)

Dec 8, 2020

GUYS, PLEASE VOTE FOR THIS CHAPTER IF YOU LIKED IT CAUSE IT REALLY HELPS ME. :)

Author's t/n

Thank you for reading, 'Not Even a Villainess'.I hope you guys like these recent chapters as I have been trying to add another element besides romance in the novel.

Guys plz comment where you guys are from so we can know more about each other and the different cultures around the world.

And seriously thanks to the people who told me to check out Grammarly. It's a great help to me and now I make fewer grammatical errors than before. So major shoutout to u guys who recommended this app to me. :)))

I can't believe that we have now crossed 2.7 k views. U guys are seriously amazing.

Be sure to check out my other novels, 'The Forsaken Moon' and 'Outside the Box'.

XOXO,

Wangloveskimchi aka RamenRoll