Trial

Khione's pov

I saw Kaelean walk towards me.When he saw my face his eyes narrowed and he said 'You must be happy now that you have achieved your goal.I must say you are quite clever .I never even realized that you had wrapped my mother around your finger.'

I just looked at him without saying anything because I was already in a very bad mood and i didn't want to talk to a person who wasn't willing to listen.He then went on to say ," Even now you are trying to fool me by making me feel guilty for confronting you.Do you think i wouldn't realize that you were trying to get closer to both my sister and and my mother?You really are a horrible person.I knew you were someone to be cautious of when you tried to stop me with your magic that day but I never knew you were so shallow."

I had enough of his bullshit. I turned around and broke his barrier using most of my mana and started walking away .Then he grasped my hand and said , 'Why are you not answering me ? Are really trying to act like a victim here."He was holding my hand tightly and I had already drained myself by using most of my mana to break that barrier so I couldn't shake his hand off .

He looked at me intensely and said ,' I thought Duke and Duchess Rensteil were good people but it seems I was greatly mistaken.they should be ashamed at themselves for bringing up such a vile woman.'When I heard him say this I couldn't stop myself and showed him my middle finger.His face was full of confusion, not understanding what it meant .The fact that he didn't know what it meant gave me more satisfaction, that's when suddenly my vision started to blur and his confused face was the last thing i remember.Great.

I woke up and my whole body was in pain and I was feeling exhausted.I tried to get up but there was no strength in my body .Samara was asleep on the floor with her head on my bed. I was thirsty but I didn't want to wake her up so I stretched my hand to get the glass on the table beside my bed .I picked up the glass and then I dropped it because I didn't have the strength to hold it.Samara got up from the sound and quickly looked at me in with her face full of worry and relief at the same time.She quickly called for the doctor and gave me a new glass of water.her eyes had tears in them as she started asking me if i was feeling better.I told her i felt a bit exhausted but other than that I was not in pain which was I lie.My head was spinning and my legs were numb but i didn't tell that to Samara because she would only worry more. Did I overestimate the limits of my mana ? Why are the aftereffects so strong ? I asked Samara if she could go and give something to my parents before they leave. Thats when Samara turned her head and told me that I had been sick for three days and that my parents had already left yesterday because they couldn't stay at the palace for a long time as they were only guests.Samara told me that the Duchess fought with the Duke asking him to let her stay but the Duke's rational reason couldn't be counterattacked so she had to leave.When I heard all of this I was so confused.I'm pretty sure i used a lot of mana but not so much that it could have made so sick.Samara saw my confused face and asked me if I didn't remember what happened.I told her I remember fainting in front of the Crown prince and i didn't have any memory of the after events.

Samara then looked at me and told me that I had fainted and that the Crown Prince ordered all the maids not to touch me because he thought I was faking it. Samara said that when she went to pick me up after some time an invisible barrier pushed her back .Then she saw the Crown Prince who told her that if she tried doing it again she would lose her head and also told her to keep quiet and not report this to anyone. She cried and started apologizing to me but I told her that I would have done the same thing if I would have been in her place and told her to continue.Samara then told me that I lay fainted on that cold ground for more than half an hour when it started to rain heavily.She told me that after 15 minutes of heavy rain she saw the crown prince carry a drenched me inside my bedchamber and then asked her to look after me.After some time a doctor had come who had given me medicines and had taken care of me for the past three days.Samara told me that Odette had stayed with me the whole day yesterday and she told me that even the Empress had paid me a visit.

After I heard this story I realized why my body was so exhausted. I mean how can one human being force a fainted person to stay in the rain for like 15 min.Whatever I don't care.This shows that the guy Kaelean really hates me so now I won't hold back and will show him who the real devil is.The present circumstances have already diverted from the main plot so it doesn't matter how I behave with that jerk as long as he doesn't fall for me and right now that seems impossible.I was lost in my thoughts when a blond haired figure ran towards me and started hugging me with tears running down her cheeks. Odette also flooded me with her questions asking me if I was feeling fine and scolded me for falling asleep on the balcony .When she said that I looked at Samara and from her expression I came to know what I had to do. I assured Odette I was fine and told her that I would never fall asleep on the balcony.Then the three of us talked with each other and after some time they left so that I could rest.I put my head on the pillow and fell asleep.

Kaelean's pov

Oh so now she wants to act like a damsel in distress.Does she really think she would fool me by acting like she had fainted. I left her as fell down on the ground. I smirked as I cast a barrier around her so that she would not be able to leave for at least an hour .I left her and ordered her maids to stay away .After almost 20 minutes I felt like someone tried to touch my barrier.I smiled as I walked towards the place where i had left her.I was pretty sure she had given up when i saw that it was actually one of the maids who had tried to pick her up only to get pushed by my barrier.I told that to stay away and threatened her so that she doesn't go and tell this to my mother.I must say Khione you surely are stubborn.Lets see how long you can keep up the act.Then I started to finishing my tasks when I heard my maid if I wanted to close the windows as it was raining.Since I was doing my tasks I didn't realize that lamos an hour and a half had passed by and now it was raining heavily.Suddenly I remembered her.No way she would still be lying there my magical barrier had already vanished and by now I knew that she had quite a large amount of mana in her so she would also be able to easily break my barrier.But then I quickly left my room and went to the place where I had left her. She lay there still with her clothes drenched in water and her pale face glowing and her black hair shining with raindrops.i quickly picked her up and went to her bedroom and placed her on her bed.Then i asked her maid to look after her and left. I immediately sent the royal doctor to take care of her.

When I lay down on my bed on my bed I felt guilt take over me.Why was I so harsh on her ? Did I misjudge her?

I decided to give her a jewellery or maybe some land or something else as an apology when suddenly the words she said to me when we went to get Odette's birthday gift rang in my head 'If I was your sister I would have thrown that trash away.'I decided not to think more about it and slept.I slept unaware of the changes the next month would bring in my life as well as in Khione's.

(1477 words)

Nov 5 ,2020

Thanks for reading.

'Not a villainess' will be updated everyday ( hopefully i won't be getting anymore math projects) and sometimes I may also be able to update two chapters in one day.

So stay tuned and please vote and comment on my chapters.

I would also like to apologize if there are some grammatical errors as I write and edit and pick out the photos myself so I tend to read over my draft only once before publishing it.

with love,

wanglovekimchi aka ramenroll