CHAPTER NINE

Enjoy!

NEW CHAPTER !

"Wearing pants now, I see" my cheeks turned tomato trying hard to ignore his comment. "Tch, I thought I would be seeing more" hours ago when I was talking to Kakashi he had been smiling a lot, even when he left he was in a happy spirit. It was a few minutes after his departure did I realize my pant-less self. Half of me was mortified while the other half tried justifying my fate. He was my husband after all so it did not matter.

"I simply forgot to wear them"

"Ah" he chuckled; "well it was an enjoyable view" he winked.

"We need to take you to the hospital; your right eye has been winking a lot"

"With one eye closed and the other visible, you really are confident that I am winking"

"Well, you are"

"I was blinking" his right eye closed again suspiciously fast and opened as I heard his chuckle.

"You are"

"Yes?" I looked at him with squinting eyes.

"Irritating"

"My, my. People usually call me charming"

"Well, they don't live with you"

"Hum"

He went inside our bedroom and I heard the shower going on. That was my que to set up plates. Today's menu was onigiri and yakitori. At first, I thought I would go to Ichiraku and buy dinner. Sensing how late Kakashi really was usually, I decided to cook dinner anyway. It helped me pass time quickly and kept my thoughts occupied. Thoughts about how to have someone to talk to other than my husband- he was not bad but it seemed so off with him. One minute he was talking to me nicely and then the next moment he stiffened, some days he was lively and making inappropriate jokes whereas the next few weeks he'd just shut off. I hardly knew him therefore, I did not know if he liked being comforted. Izumo could not come here and neither could I find him at a time when he was free. I really wanted to talk and find someone from my previous life. If Naruto knew me, spending time with him would eventually trigger some of my memories back. But he had no idea what happened to me. I could try visiting the academy school and find him out. Maybe I could stumble upon something that reminded me of my old life.

What would I find? Parents? Siblings? Or maybe I was just another orphan. If I had always lived here, why did I never have any friends other than Izumo? I was twenty years old. Was it really possible that I had no contact with the entire village? Why was Naruto the only one who came to talk? Then again, he had no clue what was wrong with me. I smiled gently remembering his tiny face and whiskered cheeks. He wanted to be the Hokage. Such high dreams for someone so small.

Dinner time was quiet once again. The sudden change in his demeanor had started to grow on me. I was not asking him too many questions and had stopped prying to see what was behind his mask. If he felt comfortable one day, then I would get to see his real face. Until then I was just going to accept his right eye and cheek. I looked up and saw the orange cover of Icha-Icha Tactics instead of his appearance. I could ask how his day went but this was Jonin tasks. I should not ask anything related to his shinobi life.

"You have been really quiet"

"I thought you were reading" I responded.

"I know I am the quiet one, but your silence is unnatural"

"Why?"

"I haven't heard you complain or ask me anything"

"I told you, I barely get any answers"