CHAPTER SIXTY TWO

Days came by and went away. Same dull routine: my awful mood swings, Kakashi's missions and team seven unaware of my predicaments, outside world seemingly becoming an illusion as I stayed home all day. The whole lot was moving at its own pace but they were not enough to stop my travelling mind. Every day, I thought about Sasuke. Was he all right? Did Orochimaru promise something in return of a sinister price? Why were not the Leaf paying more attention to their lost Uchiha heir? Of course, there was Itachi Uchiha- the man who had been both discourteous and chivalrous on our first meeting. Those eyes...I shivered. Was it possible that he was the one who saved me in the Land of Snow? Why would he transform himself to Kakashi? There was only he I suspected who could dare do such thing. The more I recalled of that incident I became doubtful. Kakashi's impersonator did not speak to me, it could be because that man had no clue how his voice sounded like. Or was it a genjutsu? I fiddled with the book in my hand as I rocked myself back and forth in our new baby room. The fresh air swarming inside uplifted my mood; it was sweet and tasted just like Konoha. I was lucky our babies were going to be born during the rainy days; the weather would be cold and smelled of rain- just like Kakashi. I had only a month and a half left before welcoming those bundle of joys. Even though I cherished them, I wanted them to get out of my body now. I needed sleep...not that I would get much for the first six months of their lives. A future I was dreading, not to mention I was only twenty! I was probably one of the youngest mothers in Konoha, probably.

How would Naruto react? If he were to find out I was pregnant, he would try to beat Kakashi in combat, assume his sensei had lured his dear sister and done something. The idea of being married to Kakashi would be too complicated for the blonde; he had already shown great dislike over the man paying for my lunch. However, being innocent I was sure he would have no idea what took place. Then again, he spent more time with Jiraiya now and I questioned if his mind was innocent at all. Just as I was about to smile, Sasuke interrupted my thoughts. Those onyx eyes and raven hair, sulking mood and quietness harboring beneath a broken shell. He was a cunning boy who calculated the slightest bits of affection; one that he failed to control in front of Naruto. I sure missed their bickering, rivalry and honest confessions. It almost felt like they were the making of star-crossed paramours slowly walking the path of foes to friends to foes and lovers. However, Naruto liked Sakura, Sakura liked Sasuke and Sasuke liked...

well...

tomatoes.

I started rocking in the rocking chair again, reminiscing the days when team seven was whole and Kakashi came home angry or tired or both. Like the time when we went to the training fields and none of the Genins were paying attention to their sensei. They had been arguing about their ninja techniques, Sakura tried intervening but the boys were not having it. Kakashi had pulled me on his lap, ensuring that I would not be zapped by his chidori and within seconds, surge of electric current emerged from the bamboo stick and attacked the Genins, rendering them speechless and shocked (literally). Kakashi enjoyed that day, shocking his students every now and then, scaring them to become submissive and continued training. That was the day I realized, he was a sadist shmuck himself. Or maybe that time, when I found team seven at Ichiraku with Naruto and Sasuke bound together with a blue gumball adhesive. They were frustrated and Sasuke had been complaining of being robbed of peaceful bathroom moments. If one wanted to pee, the other denied them the release, if Sasuke wanted to sleep then Naruto wanted to train and if Naruto wanted to bathe then Sasuke blocked his path and the annoyance continued. I had taken the charge of controlling them but to no avail, they were a duo that only Kami and Kakashi could handle.

I used to enjoy how close Sasuke and I had become. He would want me to sit next to him during dinners at the ship, try get my attention- all of which seemed to have no effects on the boy sadly. I thought with fondness and connections, he would forget his horrible past. My train of thoughts halted when a certain pink haired, green-eyed Genin welcomed herself into the room. Her eyes widened looking at the baby blue shades, the many plush toys and books while carrying a bag of container that was sweet smelling.