CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

"Patient needs to eat

"Patient needs to eat. I have seen this many times, especially with young women. Fatigue, severe headaches- this happens when one does not take proper nutrition"

"So she was missing meals?"

"In this case, I strongly think so...yes"

"Well, thank you Dr. Koi"

"No problem, this one gives me a lot of trouble you know?" musical laughter broke through the silence and Iruka only chuckled, I could hear disappointment in his words.

"She has a knack for it"

"Well, I am afraid I have other patients to tend to but if you need anything just call the nurse"

"Will do, thank you"

A clicking sound indicated that now we were alone in the room. I was afraid to open my eyes and let my consciousness be known by the man. What would he say or think? How long was I asleep? My breath hitched when I remembered today was the day Kakashi returned from his mission. Why was Iruka not leaving? The sooner he left, the quicker I would move and get myself discharged and run for home. I needed to cook and prepare myself for the serious discussion.

"Give it up, I know you are awake" I flinched as Iruka sternly addressed me.

"Seriously, Y/N. I deal with academy students who try this on me so I think I can tell when a grown woman is pretending to sleep"

"Well, as a teacher you must have great reviews by the parents" I opened my eyes slowly and looked at him.

"I do"

"And the worst reviews by students, you know?" he did not smile but looked at me with knitted brows, arms crossed over his chest while he sat down on a chair next to my bed. Taking a lungful of air, he just shook his head and I knew what he was about to ask me.

"Are you going to lecture me?"

"I don't even know where to begin with"

"Wow, now I know what Naruto feels like"

"Unlike you, he seems smarter"

"Are you usually rude to patients?" I smiled, but on the inside, I was boiling. Here I was, barely recovering from my previous health issues and the time when I needed to soothe myself, this man was just indirectly telling me I was stupid.

"No, but to you I will be"

"You are a wonderful company!"

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he muttered.

"You, you are so self-destructive! You have not eaten for a while Y/N. What is that about?" frustrated he kept tugging his Chunin vest, legs shaking to calm down. I tried to formulate a clever answer but at that very moment, being reprimanded by Iruka, I could not create a healthy lie. Not that lies were ever healthy.