CHAPTER FORTY NINE

*The song uploaded in this chapter is one of my favorites <3*

Three days had passed since the news of my pregnancy and with each morning, Kakashi became gentler and more loveable. It was in the ways he treated everything surrounding me, the pillows were kept near my back for extra support, the blanket always enveloped me and he kept me close to his body, my face buried on his chest and feeling his lips over my temple. I could not even cook breakfast anymore as Kakashi insisted on making at least one meal for us; he still regretted I had to do lunch alone and prepare dinner for us as well but on the other hand, fear overshadowed the usually cocky ninja. He took care of cleaning; everything was spotless and he ensured to sweep the house before I woke up. Kakashi did not want me to slip and fall- a possibility that increased in his head every morning. On the other hand, he did not want anyone unknown to wander around our house. Therefore, my house was littered with his ninkens- a special instruction from their master; they constantly kept eyes outside and inside the house and ensured not even animals could cross through the compound. Any minor mishaps was to be informed to the Jonin no matter where he was and every two hours, one of the ninkens switched positions in guarding me; I was not allowed to go to the bathroom alone either.

"Y/N"

"Pakkun" I peeped over the book- Expecting the Unexpected that Kakashi bought. I had asked him how he managed to get this without earning curious looks from everyone; he simply answered saying "I used transformation jutsu to hide my real face"- slick ninja. His favorite pug lazily hopped on our bed and sat next to me, eyeing the book as if he could read it.

"What are you looking at? Trying to be a mother?" I teased him.

"If you must know, I cannot give birth to pups. This pain is divine and hurtful; your species can handle this better than us"

"You know you act like your master at times. You say all the right things and yet you can piss people off"

"I am his summon after all" he huffed, "congratulations by the way"

"Thank you"

"Not to sound cuter, but all the ninkens are excited about getting new additions. We are dogs after all and our weakness are babies"

"Aww, really?" I pulled the annoyed pug's cheeks.

"Yes, we are happy but the real problem is; will any of them get Kakashi's attitude? I tell you, that man makes me work thrice as hard. What if your kids start bossing us around? What am I supposed to do?"

"We just have to see"

"Yes. Say, Y/N. I am a good pug right?"

"Yes"

"I deserve some treats time to time, right?"

"Of course"

"Good. Can I get some bacon?"

"Did you make a small conversation to ask for treats?"

"You know me so well Y/N, sometimes I feel like you were a pug in your previous life" he jumped off the bed and started walking out to the kitchen with me following in pursuit. Just like his master, Pakkun had the characteristics of being adorable and annoying at the same time.

On a particularly sunny Sunday afternoon few days later, I was waiting inside the barbecue shop with Kurenai and the rest of the Jonin group. We covered various topics- from the newest weapon collections to new jutsus and designer clothes of Konoha to gossips about the other nations. Genma talked about his love interest- who was a shopkeeper at one of the stalls that sold books. The man stated he was almost ready to settle down but wanted to move slowly. Aoba on the other hand expressed fear of being too attached to someone and dying whereas Raido's excuse was that he was busy with work and had no time for love interests. All of us were waiting for Kakashi and Guy to come back from an emergency mission they had been sent to. Just as promised, my husband had taken his best friend with him, which eased my poor pregnant nerves a little.