Starbucks and Secrets

Paige's POV
[ 1:40 pm at Riverside Middle School]

"Miss. Benson would you like to explain who King Arthur is to the class" my social studies teacher, Mr. Johnson asked

"He's a king named Arthur who made a place called Camelot." I responded I really am very intelligent I just didn't feel like trying. I was to excited to find my real parents.

"No shit" my enemy, Chloe said from across the room. My teacher completely ignored it.

"Shut up dumb ass I'm smarter than you'll ever be." I smirk at her

Most of the class was on my side like usual

"All 8th graders please report to the all purpose room" Miss Noonan the annoying secretary screeched into the loudspeaker

We all walk to the all purpose room and see a bunch of detectives scattered around."

I grab a seat towards the front and my best friend Sarah sat next to me.

"Attention" our principal announced.

"I would like to welcome the detectives from Manhattan Special Victims Unit to explain to you some important things. Detective" she smiles handing the microphone to a middle aged lady.

"Hi I'm Detective Olivia Benson"

"Hi I'm Detective Elliot Stabler"

"I'm John Munch"

"And I'm Fin Tutuola"

"We are from SVU does anyone know what we do?" Olivia asks scanning the crowds of eighth graders.

No one raises there hands. of course I knew what it was I tried to go to them once for help but I chickened out.

I raise my hand halfway.

"Yes" she smiles sweetly at me

"They help victims of rape, domestic violence and child abuse." I say nervously.

"Any questions?"

Chloe raises her hand, "My friend Paige has had half of New York City as her home is there any hope to find her a good PERMANENT family because I just feel so horrible" she smiles deviously.

My cheeks burn I'm so embarrassed I run out of the auditorium and out of the school.

Olivia's POV

I hear those words and get really angry. Then I see Paige run out of the gym.

"El cover for me" I run out of the building looking for Paige. I felt a connection with her. Am I going crazy?

I jog down 87th street and see Paige crying inside a Starbucks.

"Hey honey is everything okay" I sat across from Paige touching her shoulder.

"No" she puts her head on the table.

I stand up and order her a passion tea lemonade and me a coffee and sit next to her again handing her the drink.

"I'm sorry do people make fun of you a lot baby"

I just called her baby what's wrong with me okay Olivia stop talking to yourself in your brain and pay attention to what Paige is saying. Paige looks like elliot. elliot is really hot. STOP LIV OK FOCUS!

"Im sorry Paige say that again." I smile at her.

"People always make fun of me because I'm in foster care. I was going to get my DNA checked out to find my parents today but I guess I can't now." she sipped her drink playing with the strap on her black faux leather backpack.

"I'll take you sweetie" I smile at her.

"Really?!" She looks up half smiling.

"Let's just call your mom and tell her you are okay" I smile back

"Okay" she takes out her white I phone 5c and dialed handing the phone to me.

"Hey Paige you okay" a women answered sweetly.

"Hi I'm detective Benson I'm going to be with Paige for a little while." I speak into the phone.

"Is she okay she didn't get arrested did she?" she asks frantically.

"No! Paige is just fine." I reassure

"Okay thank you"

"No problem" I hang up.

Paige's POV

Olivia hands me back my phone.

I put it in my backpack and grab it and my drink.

"Ready?" I smile at Olivia.

"Yep. If you find your parents would you want to live with them."

"I just would want to know why they gave me up you know." I respond back.

"I see" she smiles a little leaving with me.

"Like if you gave up your kids wouldn't you feel bad?" I ask

"I actually don't have any kids" she looks down I could tell she was upset.

"I'm sorry... I feel like a jerk now. Do you want any?" I smile hugging Olivia.

"I had a daughter but she was taken from the hospital when she was born and I never found her." She hugs back

"I'm so sorry Liv" I open the door to ME Melinda Warners office.

"It's fine really lets find your parents." she looks at me touching my brown hair which I thought resembled hers I must be going insane.

Melinda takes some saliva and prints my results out handing me then smiling at me weird.

I gasp reading the names.

Authors Note - HEY! Sorry for the wait I've been so busy lately. I decided that every Monday I will update this story. Every Tuesday I will update my other fanfic Stressed And every Thursday I will update my brand new fanfic Mini Me I think that you should totally check out my other stories if you haven't already and make sure to leave reviews if you like them. I love and appreciate every single like and comment ❤️Olivia