Chapter 4

Friday night arrived, and Amelié prepared for the party with an air of excitement

Friday night arrived, and Amelié prepared for the party with an air of excitement. She slipped into a figure-hugging denim mini skirt, paired with a sleek black shirt neatly tucked in. Layering up with a stylish denim jacket, she completed the look with heeled boots that accentuated her slender legs, while her hair was effortlessly styled into a chic messy bun. Dark, smoky makeup enhanced her bright eyes, adding an edge to her ensemble.

As she emerged from her bedroom, Silas stood there, struck by her stunning appearance. His gaze lingered on her long, slender legs, accentuated by the denim skirt, and he couldn't help but admire the way her eyes sparkled against the dark makeup. Her graceful neck beckoned to him, igniting a desire to leave his mark on her.

Silas had opted for a sleek and sophisticated look himself, donning black slacks paired with a fitted black jumper, exuding an aura of understated charm and allure.

As Silas and Amelié descended the stairs, Silas admired her outfit, his gaze lingering on her milky legs that seemed to stretch on forever. "You look stunning, Amelié," he remarked, his voice smooth and sincere.

"Thank you, Silas," Amelié replied, her cheeks tinged with a delicate flush. "You look very handsome too."

Owen and Sean were waiting in the living room, their expressions serious as they reminded the two about the importance of their mission. "Be careful, both of you. Remember, you're there for information, not just to have fun," Owen cautioned, his tone firm but caring.

Amelié felt a surge of anxiety under Owen's watchful gaze, but his subtle smile reassured her. "We will, Owen. Thanks," she responded, her voice laced with determination.

With Silas's reassuring presence beside her, Amelié felt more confident as they made their way to the door. "We've got this," Silas whispered, giving her hand a gentle squeeze.

Outside, Rocky greeted them with enthusiasm, pulling Amelié into a tight hug. "You made it! Come on in, let's get this party started!" he exclaimed, his excitement infectious.

The table overflowed with an array of colorful cocktails, the air thick with the aroma of mixed spirits. Silas and Amelié exchanged a knowing glance, silently communicating their intentions.

Carefully pouring themselves a drink from the assortment of concoctions, they took small, cautious sips, savoring the fruity flavors while keeping their wits about them.

Amelié turned to Silas, her voice laced with determination. "Shall we venture into the crowd and mingle? Better to stick together, don't you think?"

Silas nodded in agreement, his gaze unwavering as he replied, "Absolutely." With that, they set off into the lively throng of party guests, ready to navigate the social scene together.

As Silas and Amelié mingled with the cheerleaders and jocks they'd been introduced to on the first day, they caught snippets of conversation about a drug called JH-14. It was like hitting the jackpot; this was exactly the intel they were after.