Chapter 2

As Silas and Amelié arrived back at their team's house, they stood together in front of the door, the weight of the recent events heavy on their shoulders

As Silas and Amelié arrived back at their team's house, they stood together in front of the door, the weight of the recent events heavy on their shoulders. Amelié found solace in the strong arms enveloping her, anchoring her amidst the storm of emotions swirling inside her.

Silas's reassuring words washed over her, offering a glimmer of hope in the midst of turmoil. "Everything will be okay, Αγγελούδι," he murmured, his voice a soothing balm to her nerves. "I am sure it is all just a misunderstanding. We're a team, a family. We stick together, that's what we all promised in the beginning. So let's dry your tears and go and speak to everyone."

His gentle demeanor and unwavering support caused a fresh wave of tears to well up in Amelié's eyes, her gaze locked on his handsome face. With a deep breath, she nodded, finding strength in his presence as they prepared to face their teammates together.

Silas ushered Amelié through the door, his hand lingering protectively on the small of her back, a silent gesture of support. As they entered the living room, the atmosphere grew tense, every eye in the room fixated on the French woman.

Everyone was gathered there, except for Sean, their absence casting a shadow over the room. Seven pairs of eyes bore into Amelié, their expressions a mix of anger and accusation.

"Amelié," Owen's voice cut through the silence like a knife, his tone sharp and unforgiving. His steel eyes bore into hers, demanding answers. Despite the weight of his gaze, Amelié squared her shoulders, refusing to cower under his scrutiny.

"Owen," she replied, her voice steady and unwavering. In a subconscious gesture of solidarity, she reached for Silas's hand, her grip surprisingly strong as she braced herself for whatever was to come.

"I never thought the day would come where you would be so insecure, Amelié, to bully another girl," Owen's voice cut through the room like ice, each word piercing Amelié's heart like a dagger.

Her chest tightened at his accusation, a pang of hurt spreading through her as she felt a piece of her confidence crumble away.

"I do not appreciate being spoken to like that!" Amelié's retort was sharp, her tone laced with defiance as she met Owen's gaze head-on.

Her French accent only added to the intensity of her words, each syllable dripping with determination. Despite the weight of Owen's accusation, she refused to back down.

"I refuse to be called insecure when it is not the truth. All I did was introduce myself to your friend. Silas can confirm," she stated firmly, her eyes daring anyone to challenge her version of events.

Beside her, Silas stepped forward, his presence a reassuring anchor in the storm of accusations. "Amelié is correct," he affirmed, his voice calm but unwavering. "She introduced herself to Sang out of courtesy, and when Kota mentioned she was making Sang uncomfortable, Amelié left. It was Sang who went on to insult Amelié."