Chapter 11

Silas leaned forward, his strong arms wrapped securely around his girl's waist, a tangible display of his protective stance

"What do you mean you want Sang to join this team? We don't even know her," he growled, his tone laced with authority and dominance, causing the room to fall silent as all eyes turned to him.

"We know her well enough," Gabriel retorted, his confident demeanor unwavering as he brushed a stray lock of hair from his eyes. "I trust her," he added, earning a skeptical eye roll from Silas, who reclined back in his chair, drawing Amelié closer to him with a possessive tug.

"Exactly. We know her because we aren't wrapped up in our own little world," North interjected, his gaze piercing as he directed a glare towards Silas and Amelié, who remained unfazed by the scrutiny.

As the tension simmered in the air, Amelié couldn't help but be captivated by Silas's commanding presence, finding herself drawn to him even more as he spoke with such conviction and intensity.

"Silas is right, you don't know her well enough. Have you conducted a thorough background check on her? Do you have any knowledge about her family or her past?" Amelié's voice rang out, cutting through the tension in the room as she voiced her concerns, eliciting groans of annoyance from the others.

"That's an invasion of privacy!" Kota retorted defensively, his objections met with a stern glare from Amelié.

"For once, Dakota, just listen," Amelié snapped, her frustration palpable as she addressed him directly. "So what if it's considered an invasion of privacy? We all underwent background checks when we joined the Academy. Silas had one done, I had one done, even you had one done! They're necessary measures to ensure our safety and security," she argued passionately, her words leaving Kota visibly flustered as he turned his head away, a blush creeping across his cheeks under Amelié's unwavering gaze.

Amelié let out a weary sigh, her fingertips gently massaging her forehead as she addressed the group with a mixture of concern and urgency. "I understand that you all like her, believe me, I get it. But we can't afford to be careless when it comes to matters like this. Please, just take what I'm saying into consideration," she pleaded, her voice tinged with a sense of gravity as she implored them to heed her words. "You're all intelligent individuals; don't let this distract you from what's important."

With Silas standing closely behind her, offering silent support, Amelié rose from her seat, her movements purposeful yet weighted with a sense of resignation. Together, they retreated upstairs, leaving the others to contemplate Amelié's words in the lingering silence of the room.

Amelié collapsed onto her bed, the weight of the situation heavy on her shoulders, and Silas followed suit, enveloping her in his protective embrace as she sought solace in his arms.

"They won't listen," Silas muttered, his frustration evident in the tightness of his grip around her.

"I know," Amelié sighed, her voice tinged with resignation. "That's what scares me the most. I fear this might be the end of the Blackbourne team, at least for me. If Sang joins without a proper background check, then I'll have no choice but to leave."