Omega - 3

I woke up to my alarm playing some music and smiled as I threw the covers off of myself.

This morning I was feeling a little more better than normal. Probably because Peter was gone and there wasn't a supernatural threat. Granted Lydia was out in the woods, so after school we need to find her, but I'm going to enjoy this morning for once.

I changed into some jeans, a pink top and a creamy brown leather jacket. I applied some glossy pink lipstick and fixed my hair up so it was wavy and I added my Triskelion necklace.

I gave myself one good look in the mirror before heading downstairs for breakfast. "Good morning my lovely parents." I chirp as I walk into the kitchen.

"You're in a good mood." Dad complemented as I landed a kiss on his cheek.

"Well, I just want to soak in this morning." I took a plate of toast from my mom and sat down at the table. "At least until everything goes to hell, again."

"Well, might want to do that quickly." Mom said as I buttered up my toast. "There's going to be reporters at the school."

And just like that I've lost it.

"We could escape from the back entrance."

It was a good idea because I don't want to face anymore microphones being shoved in my face, but then there's Allison.

When the Media covered the fire, it was the biggest topic in the town. We received so much sympathy casseroles that could feed us till the end of time.

I hated it, and I've been dealing with them for a long time. Whenever we'd go to New York, I almost never wanted to leave because no one knew of our story back there.

And if I hate them I can only imagine Allison. Her family are the town's pariahs, and their funeral for Kate is today. So she's going to have Media following her around town, not just me.

The media is going to be at the school for both of us. I can only imagine what they'll write.

"Hale and Argent. Classmates or Enemies." or something like that.

I sighed and shook my head at my mom. "No, lets just take the front. I don't want Allison to go through that"

Mom smile and creased my cheek. "If only our families had the friendship you two had."

I smiled just a little bit. "Yeah, if only."

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"She ate the liver?" I exclaimed in disgust as Stiles Scott and I walked inside the school.

Apparently there was a grave robbery last night, something or someone ended up taking a liver from a corpse. Stiles scoffed. "No, I didn't say she ate it-- I just said it was missing."

"And, you know what? Even if she did, so what? It's the most nutritious part of the body." Stiles said defensively on Lydia's part.

"We never ate anyone's liver..." I said, referring to me and Scott.

"Yeah, right. 'Cause, when it comes to Werewolves, you're a real model of self-control..." Stiles said sarcastically.

"Actually, wait-- hold on." Stiles exclaimed. "Scotts the test case for this, so we should be going over what happened to you."

"What do you mean?" Scott asked confused.

"I mean, like, what was going through your mind when you were turning, you know? What were you drawn to?"

"Allison." Scott said with a shrug like if it was obvious.

"Okay, nothing else? Seriously?"

"Nothing else mattered."

"Okay but that's good, though, right? 'Cause the night that Lydia was bitten, she was with you." I said trying to be optimistic.

"Yeah, but she was looking for Jackson." Stiles said grimly.

Speaking of the actual devil, Jackson pulled up with his Porsche, wearing a scarf around his neck with shades and a leather jacket. He seemed extra confident today.

I rolled my eyes at the grin he sent my way and headed for first period.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Okay well, class sucked. So much for soaking in this morning. Allison and I have homeroom together, my mom's our teacher so this was the class that was the least stressful.

Everyone was looking at us and whispering and they weren't doing a very good job at it.

The rest of the school day was equally bad because whatever class I did have with Allison, teachers spent it worrying whether or not to sit us apart.

They gossiped and I received so many "I'm so sorry for your loss" and "Are you okay?" that I've started to respond like a freaking robot.

I'm honestly thankful for whatever class I don't have with Allison because at least the whispering stops. If only for a little.

And every time before class starts the teacher always starts by telling me if I'm feeling overwhelmed that I could go home. Even Harris.

"All right, it's causing me severe mental anguish to say this, but he's right..." Stiles whispered to me. I sat next to him in science about to take a test but he's all he's been talking about his talk with Jackson this morning about Lydia.

"I know." I whispered back, looking at my paper. "What if the next body part she steals is from someone who's still alive?"

I opened my mouth to say something but closed it when Harris turned to us.

"This is a pop quiz, Mr. Stilinski. If I hear your voice again, I may be tempted to give you detention for the rest of your high school career."

"Can you do that?" Stiles questioned.

"Well, there it is again. Your voice-- triggering the only impulse I've ever had to strike a student repeatedly and violently." Can't he get fired by saying something like that? 

I sucked in my bottom lip to keep from laughing. Okay that's just hilariously cruel and funny at the same time. Seriously, are we sure that Jackson and Harris aren't related?

"I'll see you at three o'clock for detention."

Scott looked back at Stiles which made Harris call him out. "You too, Mr. McCall?"

"No, sir."