Battlefield - 1

"I don't see the point of me being here." I said to Ms. Morrell. After the events that happened at the police station with Matt, what Stiles, Scott and I witnessed they made us take mandatory counseling at school. I hated it. 

Ms. Morrell folded her hands on her desk. Staring at me. "You were a witness to gruesome murder." 

I leaned back in the chair, fiddling with my necklace. "Not the first time." Morrell took an interest in that. "Tell me about your family?" 

I was taken back by the question. "What?" 

Morrell nodded. "Your family. More specifically the fire." Why on earth does she want to know that? "Everyone knows what happened with the fire." 

"What did you think at the time? You were about 10 years old. That kind of thing leaves an impression." 

I scoffed and crossed my arms. "I thought someone was after us. It did not leave an impression." 

Morrell raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure?" She pulled from her desk drawers a manila folder with my name on it. Has she always had that there? Wait why does she even have that? 

She crossed her arms over it. "Here is what I know. After the fire that killed most of your family you all ran and left Beacon Hills behind." 

"We did-" 

"You left because of the fear of being hunted but once that was gone you all came back."

I inhaled a bit annoyed and nodded. "Yes we did." 

"And coming back was more painful then you imagined." I hate her so much right now. She opened the file and began to read from the first page. "According to your records from the 7th grade when you came back your grades suffered, you had behavioral problems and were distant for awhile." 

What the frack. "That was years ago." She nodded in admittance and closed the folder. "True. But the experience stayed with you." 

She put the folders away and looked at me with narrow eyes like she was studying me. I was almost worried about what she would read. "You're defensive." Morrell said. "You are willing to do anything to save the ones you love. Your afraid you'll lose people so do you don't really expand your circle." 

I hold back the urge to run out of the room because I didn't want her to know she was somewhat right. Morrell leaned back in her chair. "Am I wrong?" 

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Morrell's words stuck with me. I didn't realize how much I had changed since then. I really was defensive. And willing to do anything. The fire changed me more then I cared to admit.

"Still no word?" I asked when I came down stairs to the living room. During everything that happened with Matt at the police station Isaac, Erica and Boyd ran away from the pack. And finding them was all that Derek and my parents were focusing on.

Derek said Erica and Boyd heard another pack. Which to all of us sounded weird. A werewolf can easily amplifying their voice. And there are no other packs in Beacon Hills that we know of.

"Nothing."

Mom was sleeping on the couch tired from tracking and Derek and my dad were eating some leftover lasagna for dinner. "Not even a scent?"

They both shook their heads, however they had that look in their eye, the same look they had whenever they were hiding something. "Nothing?" I prodded as I crossed my arms.