End of Act 1

XGaster tells Wing, who is currently being controlled by Ink, that this rewritten timeline was originally Dream's idea, but Ink doesn't believe him. Meanwhile, Drifter is in Dreamtale.

While controlled by Dream, Drifter consumes the full power of the Tree of Feelings. He then returns to XTale and kills XGaster, taking the power of the overwrite button.

Dream and Nightmare regain all of their memories, but Nightmare doesn't know that Dream was the one behind the new timeline.

Nightmare is in shock from everything that just happened, but Dream is just silently staring at the overwrite button with a look of solemn determination on his face. After a moment, he presses it.

The world freezes then contorts as the code of the multiverse is erased and rewritten, bending to Dream's will. However, instead of everything returning to normal, as was originally planned, the multiverse reverts to how it was right before the Anons started talking to Drifter, causing him to remember being Nightmare and Dream.

Only the Anons know about the previous timeline since they are separate from the multiverse. Not even XGaster remembers the events of Act 1.

End of Act 1

Note: This chapter is basically a recap of how Driftverse ended, but I took some creative liberties to help set up Act 2.

Hope you have a great day!