Part 3

Wing arrives in the anti-void and finds nothing. Cross suggests they wait for Error to come back but Ink ignores him. Ink looks around for any sign that Error has been there; i.e. pieces of blue string, chocolate bar wrappers, dolls or souls hanging from the ceiling, etc., but he finds nothing.

"Error's not coming back." Ink deadpans.

(Cross): "What? How do you know?"

(Ink): "Because he was never here to begin with. Error leaves strings wherever he goes, but there's nothing here. It's all gone."

Cross waves an imagined hand dismissively from inside Wing's head. "He's probably just in a different part of the anti-void. This place all looks the same. You just got the wrong spot."

(Ink): "No. This is Error's spot. But he isn't here and never was."

Before now, Cross and Ink had the same emotions so they didn't notice that they could sense what the other was feeling. Now, however, Cross could feel Ink's frustration, confusion, and concern, which made him a little uneasy.

(Ink): "Something isn't right. Error wasn't supposed to be affected by an Overwrite. He was safely outside the multiverse in the anti-void. He should've been untouched. What the heck happened?"

After a moment, Cross suggests they try to find Nightmare now. Ink agrees and teleports to Nightmare's castle. The Anons try to warn Ink and Cross about Drifter, but find their messages are still being blocked.