Part 5

The Anons are unmuted.

With Ink still in control, Wing appears in Dreamtale, not too far from the Tree of Feelings. He/They notice Drifter leaning against the tree reading a book. Before Wing can finish taking even a single step towards Drifter, he/they are bombarded with Anon messages urgently telling him/them NOT to go to Dreamtale. Equally startled, Ink and Cross both instinctively try to control Wing. As a result, Wing trips and falls flat on his/their butt, drawing the attention of Drifter, who calmly closes his book and approaches Wing.

(Cross): "Crap! Crap! Crap! That guy saw us! What do we do now?!"

(Ink): "Wait, why aren't we supposed to be here??"

(Cross): "He's coming over! We gotta move!"

(Ink): "Oh relax! He's probably just wondering why we suddenly fell and wants to make sure we're okay."

Drifter stops a few feet in front of Wing and cocks his head to the side a bit. Wing is just sitting there, staring blankly ahead, without any lights in his/their eye-sockets.

(Drifter): "Uh, you alright?"

(Ink): "See?"

Cross takes control of Wing.

(Wing): "Uh, yeah. Heh, sorry about that..."

(Drifter): "That's good. Say..." Drifter pauses for a moment and pretends to think. "I haven't seen you around before. What's your name?"

(Wing): "I'm, uh, Wing. It's nice to meet-" Drifter cuts him off.

(Drifter): "Alright, Wing" He narrows his eye-sockets as he says Wing. "You're not from the village. So where did you come from and what are you doing here?" As soon as Drifter finishes asking his questions, he summons a long golden staff with glowing purple spear-heads on either side.

(Ink): "Uh, oh."

(Cross): "WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'UH OH'?!"

(Ink): "I think that's supposed to be Dream, maybe merged with Nightmare, and he doesn't seem too happy that we're near his magic tree..."

(Cross): "THE FU-"

The Anons tell Drifter to calm down because Wing isn't there for the tree. Drifter is confused, but calms down nonetheless and de-summons the staff.

Ink takes control of Wing.

(Wing): "I'm looking for someone named Nightmare. Or his brother Dream. Maybe you've heard of them?"

Drifter shakes his head. "Should I have?"

(Wing): "Maybe." He quickly explains who Dream and Nightmare are.

Drifter is confused for a moment before he grabs his head. Dream and Nightmare suddenly remember who they are and begin to freak out, both releasing control of Drifter. Drifter just stands there motionless, staring blankly into the distance without any lights in his/their eye-sockets.

(Ink): "Hmm. Yeah, they're completely zoned out."

(Cross): "We should give them a minute to process this."

(Ink): "I'm gonna draw on their face."

(Cross): "No!"

Cross takes control of Wing.