« 9 »

Imani woke up the next day and prepared herself for the day as usual. She looked in the mirror as she fixed her uniform and brushed her hair. She reached for a nonexistent shelf that usually held miscellaneous items in her bathroom at her former house, but Imani was in a different home. Different room, different vibe. Imani sighed and walked downstairs where she was greeted by Inko Midoriya who was setting breakfast on the table.

"Oh, good morning Imani! I made breakfast. I hope you don't mind me being here. Your mother asked me to make sure you were awake for school."

"Oh, thank you. I guess she pulled another all-nighter," Imani laughed

Inko and Imani had a short conversation over breakfast. Not long after, Midoriya opened the front door and walked in.

"Hey mom, I was looking for you! G' Morning Imani."

"Mornin' Izuku."

He sat down and made his plate along with Imani. Inko was doing the dishes while they ate. Imani and Midoriya were silent for most of the time as they shifted uncomfortably. The two exchanged few words, but it resulted in another bout of awkward silence.

"So..how's it going..?" Imani began.

Midoriya responded with a stuttered response and continued eating after quickly glancing at Inani. Imani sat in silence, not knowing what to say next.

"Hey Izuku, about yesterday.." Imani started.

"S-sorry Imani. Could you hold that thought? I need to clean my dish." Midoriya said as he quickly stood and robotically walked to the sink. This made Imani raise an eyebrow.

'I knew he didn't want to bring it up, but I didn't think he'd be this persistent in avoiding the conversation..' Imani thought.

"Okay.." Imani said as she shrugged.

The two students later arrived at school early after their walk that was filled with awkward glances and short conversations. As soon as they arrived, Midoriya scooted away to talk to his classmates. Imani halfheartedly walked away from Midoriya's direction. Her eyes scanned the classroom and spotted Bakugo talking with Kirishima. She walked to the pair and greeted them.

"Hey guys! How are y'all on this fine morning?" Imani exclaimed with a giggle.

Kirishima laughed at her antics while Bakugo let out a small chuckle as he shook his head. She became apart of their conversation for a while.

"It's a bummer you missed the battle trials while you were gone. You should've seen how Bakugo and Midoriya were going at it!" Kirishima said with a glimmer in his eyes.

"Yeah, that sucks. How I wish I could've witnessed the amazing Bakugo pummel one of my best friends. Man, I would pay to see that." Imani said sarcastically with a playful eye roll.

The two students talked for a while, along with a few responses from Bakugo. Imani tried her best to give Midoriya space after she noticed his recent behavior. She knew that things would still be awkward, but it would become less awkward if they'd just talked about it.

Aizawa stood up from under his desk and Imani was shocked to see him wrapped in a yellow sleeping bag. Imani let out a chortle as she noticed his appearance. He told his students to sit in their respective seats.

Aizawa explained that they'd be traveling to U.S.J to further their training. The students were excited about this and were dismissed to talk amongst themselves. The class had to choose a class president during this time. Midoriya was elected as president while Momo and Imani came at a tie as vice presidents. The two agreed to share the role happily, but Midoriya tried to convince the others that he didn't want to be the class president.