« 𝟻 »

It was the day before the second week of school. Imani and Mirko sat on the couch at Imani's house eating Cookies n Cream ice-cream. They were binge watching anime on Metaflix for the day after lunch.

"Hey Imani?" Mirko started.

"Yeah what's up?" Imani turned to look at her while in the midst of taking a bite of her ice-cream.

"How did your first day of school go? We've never actually talked about it" Mirko asked.

"It was pretty good. Made some friends, showed them around, had some fun, et cetera. Nothing major, but it's not the worst one I've ever had." Imani nonchalantly said with a shrug.

They stared at each other in silence. Mirko sweat dropped awkwardly and looked back at the tv. She sat in silence for a few minutes, then she turned her body toward Imani.

"Sooo..Imani.." Mirko slowly said, testing the waters.

"Yes?" Imani replied with an irritated heavy exhale.

"You got any boy crushes?" Mirko grinned while eating the last bite of her ice-cream.

"See. I knew you were going to ask that!" Imani exclaimed with a blush.

"That might be a negative. Hm..any signs that a boy likes you?" Mirko asked, pointing her finger at Imani.

"Nuh-uh." Imani swiftly stated.

"Nuh-uh, what?" Mirko asked as she stared at her confused.

"N-O" Imani spelled out, emphasizing the 'O'.

Mirko sighed and cleaned up their mess of bowls and wrappers. Imani stood and made her way to the kitchen to clean the dishes. She heard her mom arrive outside. Her mother walked in with a stressed expression. Maya's arms were slouched as she made her way to Imani. They hugged and waved to each other as Maya walked upstairs to her room to nap.

"Get some good rest May!" Mirko whisper-shouted up the stairs.

"I forgot how tired you guys get when you use your quirk a lot. Guess it happens more to your mother." Mirko sighed while turning back to Imani.

"Yeah.. maybe it applies to her more than me because she's a healer. She's been overworked ever since she decided to join an agency while working for the school part-time." Imani said while she finished cleaning the dishes.

They continued to watch their shows until they were became tired. Mirko decided to spend the night, so she prepared the bedroom that has always been reserved specifically for her in Imani's house. Mirko and Imani were walking their separate ways until Mirko began to speak.

"Before I forget, make sure to find out if they do like you!" Mirko smirked.

"Go. To. Bed!" Imani looked away, embarrassed.

Imani opened her bedroom door and flopped on her bed, starting to doze off. As she fell into her slumber, she began to think of a certain green-haired, curly-headed boy she knew. She shook her head to rid herself of the thought of him.

"Well I guess he is pretty.. nice and polite." Imani said, trying to rationalize the thought.

Imani grumbled and rolled over. She managed to calm her mind and fall asleep. She smiled sleepily as she dreamt of food and her friends.

.
.
.
.

The next morning, Imani woke up and looked at her clock. Her eyes widened as she jumped up out of bed.

"OH NO! I'M LATE!!" She yelled, practically waking the neighborhood up.

She raced to put on her clothes, only having 15 minutes to get ready and go to school. She put on her shirt, skirt, thigh-high socks, and shoes. She hurried to brushed her teeth while tying her shoes. Imani fixed and combed her hair, in a rush.

Imani grabbed her backpack, phone, and earbuds. She tried turning it on, but the screen stayed off.

"Oh my- you know what?" Imani heavily breathed through her nose.

Imani stuffed her charger into her backpack while running out the door. She ran to UA as she wished she could've used her quirk. If only it weren't against the rules..

Imani ran into the school and stopped at the door of class 1-A. She caught her breath and walked into class. There were only eight people there. Iida, Kirishima, Sero, Midoriya, Yaomomo, Shoji, Bakugou, and Ojiro. All of them looked at her as she laughed awkwardly.

"Hey guys. Where's everyone at?" Imani asked while trying to catch her breath. Her classmates looked at her sideways until Kirishima began to answer her question.

"Imani...they're not here yet.." Kirishima awkwardly said.

"Yeah I can tell. Isn't it time for class to start? Where's Mr. Aizawa?" Imani searched around the classroom, trying to spot a clue to answer her questions.

"No, you don't understand. Class starts in 10 minutes.." Ojiro informed her.

"Wait. But-" Imani said in disbelief.

Imani checked the clock on the wall. Turns out, her clock wasn't set properly. Since her phone had died, she couldn't use her main alarm. Her alarm clock on her desk was her backup that was purchased two weeks before. Imani happened to forget to set it.

"Aw man.. I forgot to set my alarm clock." Imani facepalmed.

"Haha! This should probably be a lesson to you." Iida said, smirking with a shine on his glasses as he victoriously adjusted them.

Imani sighed and waved toward Bakugou. They did their handshake and Imani made her way to Midoriya. He blushed looking at her as she smiled. He could even see her eyes glow in the light. She walked to his desk and greeted him, brightening her smile.

Midoriya stuttered a flustered greeting to her. She greeted back and went to her desk, pulling out her phone. Luckily, there was an outlet right next to her desk. Imani plugged up her phone and sat in her seat.

Bakugou was looking at his classmates while this occurred. He was staring out at Midoriya in confusion, then shrugged. Everyone else were either talking to each other or on their phones. Imani sat and waited for class to start.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Words: 𝟏𝟎𝟐𝟏

Thanks for Reading! ❤︎