« 𝟺 »

Imani made her way to the cafeteria door and she seemed calm on the outside. But on the inside? She was a wreck!

"What could he possibly want with me right now? Hopefully he doesn't plant a bomb on me or something.." Imani whispered as she approached the door. She stopped and sighed.

"I can't avoid the inevitable." Imani firmly stated to herself.

Imani walked through the door and looked to her side. She saw Bakugou standing around one of the hallway corners. As she walked to him, there was an odd feeling. Not the usual "If you touch me, I'll break your hand" vibe. It was calmer and dare she'd say comfortable..

'Okay there he is. Stay calm. Don't stutter please Imani.' Imani panicked in her thoughts. She walked up to him and tapped his shoulder. He turned around and sighed.

"Can you sit down?" He whispered, trying not to frighten her.

"Why?" Imani asked with a side-eye. Bakugou sighed and looked at her as if he thought she were an idiot.

"Okay! I'll sit. You remind me of my Mom." Imani chuckled with her hands raised.

She sat down and he looked down like he was thinking.

"I'm sorry." he said.

"Huh..?" Imani questioned in a low tone.

"Look I know you might not believe me, but i'm sorry for how I acted during the tests. I felt a little...jea- jeal-." He struggled to say.

'He has the guts to say sorry but can't say the word jealous? Come on now.' Imani deadpanned with a slight chuckle.

"Stop laughing! I- you know what. I WAS JEALOUS. We used to be good friends, but you've always been hanging with Deku. You improved your quirk and I'm happy for you. I.. uh. I think we should be friends again." Bakugou finished, rushing the last part if the sentence while looking away embarrassed.

Imani looked shocked. THE Katsuki Bakugou, was apologizing? Was the world upside down or something?

"Okay. As long as you let up on Izuku. He doesn't deserve you picking on him all the time." Imani stated with her arms crossed.

"I make no such promises. But I guess I'll try." Bakugou muttered.

Imani put her hand out and he did too. They did their childhood handshake sloppily and hugged each other. They laughed at how bad the hand shake was.

"Y-you! Ha! You can't blame me! It's been years!" Imani snorted as tears pricked her eyes.

"You're terrible. You messed it up on the first move Solar Panel!" Bakugou chuckled with a proud smile.

They finished laughing and calmed down. Imani and Bakugou went their separate ways after they entered the cafeteria. She turned toward his direction while heading to her table, and to her dismay, Bakugou was crip-walking away.

She walked back to her seat and she was immediately met with frantic shouts. The girls were bombarding her with questions about where she went. Midoriya sat at his table and smiled slightly, happy that she was in a good mood. One of the boys nudged his shoulder and smirked. Midoriya turned red and continued to eat his food.

"So Ima. Girl to girl. I was planning on doing something tonight just to do it. I was thinking we should hang out!" Mina said while sipping her drink.

"Yeah. We can go to my house!" Imani said after a spot of silence.

Mina told Tsuyu and Uraraka with excitement. Imani knew they'd want to go, so she invited them as well. After lunch, they went to class and waited until school ended. Imani met with her friends outside the school gates and texted Mirko.