« 𝟶 »

*sigh*

' I guess we're moving...again.. '

Imani's mother, Maya, walked into her daughter's room as Imani was laying on her back, thinking to herself in her bed.

"Honey, I understand you don't want to move again, but my new job is in Japan! Please don't be upset.. we have no choice. We'll have more money and you'll even go to a great school! This will be our last time moving, i promise!"

"You always promise that every time we move. I don't wanna start over again. I've already went through the bullying and dad leaving us just put salt in the wound. We've moved several times already! If we were going to move back to Japan, why'd we move in the first place?" Imani said as she let out a sigh.

"Please don't argue with me on this..I'm doing what's best for us." Imani's mother firmly stated.

"Okay.." Imani said, unsure about the decision.

' I don't like this... We're just picking up and moving all of a sudden, again? I can't help but feel that we're running from something..'

' Oh well. Hopefully I get to see Izuku again.. ' Imani thought as she sat back down, gazing at the ceiling and losing focus for her mind to wander.

.
.
.

* 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 *
{ Lᴀsᴛ Dᴀʏ ᴏꜰ Sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ }

Imani walked into her class and sadly walked to her only friend, Izuku Midoriya. He was sitting at the table group they shared.

"Hey Zuku. I hafta tell you something.." 

He looked up and smiled innocently.

"What is it?" 

Imani looked down to her lap and sighed. 

"I'm moving to America tomorrow." 

Izuku blankly stared for a few seconds, processing the sudden news. Then, his expression quickly represented his emotions, heartbroken.

"What?! B-but..why..?! Can't you stay here?" He pitifully whimpered after realizing the reality of the situation.

Imani blinked back incoming tears and hugged him.  "It's okay. I'll be back someday."

They started playing on the playground later on in the day after school let out. Imani stood at the top of the equipment and smiled with a content sigh, taking in the moment for one last time. Izuku stood at the bottom and ran to the entrance to the equipment stairs.

Bakugou ran after his buddies and stopped to view the sight. He snickered and came up behind Imani, pushing her off the entire jungle gym as she landed face first.

"Imani!! Kacchan why'd you do that?!"  Izuku said as he panicked when he witnessed the incident.

Izuku hurried to Imani and her mouth was bleeding. She'd realized that she had knocked out a tooth, but it was a baby tooth. 

"Ow.. my tooth.." 

Bakugou scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"If you were any stronger, you wouldn't be complaining."  He said with a smug grin.

Imani pushed Bakugou down onto the sand. Bakugou attempted to get up and retaliate, but Imani was quicker. She began to scream at him, letting out her bottled emotions she'd been keeping in.

"Katsuki, why are you always pickin' on me and Izuku?! We never did anything to you!" 

Izuku grabbed Imani's hand and Izuku both ran to the other side of the playground. Bakugou sat up and yelled at them while they ran.

"You're all beneath me, that's why!!" 

' Serves her right. At least she won't try to stop me from being the number one hero. I hope she stays as far as possible from me forever! ' Bakugou thought as he stood up, dusting the sand off of his body. He marched back over to his friends with an expression of irritation and .. regret..

.
.
.

✰ 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 ✰

"Okay! Everything's packed! We should be ready." Imani's mother sighed as she stretched from moving boxes all day.

"Great.. I'm so excited.." Imani groaned gloomily, putting her personal items in the car.

After packing the car and driving off, Imani was starting to feel hopeful of her future as the view of her old house disappeared in the distance. Getting away from the bad treatment, the insults about having no father figure, and teases? She finally realized that she could get a clean slate and restart again! She started to think about what could possibly happen!
Maybe she could even make some new friends! Or meet old friends?
.
.
.
.

A/N: Thank you for reading! ✯ ☽

Words: 𝟕𝟏𝟖 ❤︎