« 𝟸 »

Imani and Izuku ran to the gathering of potential students where they all waited for the exam to begin. The participants were warming up and stretching. Midoriya and Imani were standing awkwardly apart from the tension of the previous conversation until a guy with blue hair and engines on his legs approached them. He walked up to them and started talking to Izuku. Imani walked off and accidentally bumped into someone. She turned to apologize, but the person beat her to it.

"Oh! I'm sorry! I wasn't watching where I was going.." they said.

"No, it's fine. I have a habit of bumping into people anyway." Imani chuckled.

"Me too haha!"

"You seem nice. What's your name?" Imani questioned.

"The name's Gaia!" Gaia said.
(See my other story Starr to see appearance)

"Your name is pretty! Mine's Imani. Hey, good luck in the exam!" Imani said as she waved while walking toward Midoriya.

"Same to you!" Gaia waved and turned toward another girl who had a white, cloud-like afro.
(See my other story Starr to see appearance)

Imani walked back to Midoriya standing near the same student with engines on his calves. Imani diverted her attention to the pro hero Present Mic. Presentation Michael explained how the exams were operated and the goals of the exam in order to receive the best results. He then yelled at everyone to proceed and they all ran into the 'battlefield'. Izuku and Imani were running around and everyone was taking down the robots. Imani followed on this notion and began to use her quirk ability. She exposed herself in front if the robots, revealing herself to the sun as her body faintly glowed yellow under her clothes.

Imani's eyes glowed the same yellow hue as she charged her power. The robot charged at her as everyone else was on their own in other areas. She took a deep breath and pushed the light she recently absorbed at the robot. Her light distribution knocked the robot out and malfunctioned its program, which resulted in it being immobilized.

This attack gave her offensive points. Imani could faintly hear Gaia cheering her on from a distance while fighting her own robot. She continued to repeat this attack, destroying the tinier robots and saving others.

Izuku stood in awe, watching Imani take down the robots one by one. His eyes filled with amazement as his heart began to race. His daze was interrupted when a robot snick behind him, catching him by surprise. To his luck, a blond, french guy took down the robot and thanked Izuku for being "the perfect decoy". Izuku wasn't doing anything but running around, which left Imani wondering what he was doing. She again realized that he was quirkless, but her gut told her that he wasn't telling the full story.

' What is up with him? He seemed apprehensive on telling me why he was here. He didn't even say anything about general studies, which would've made sense in his case. Did he have a quirk this whole time..? '

Imani ran down a street where she smelled fire and smoke. She stopped and peeked around a building where she saw a slightly muscular teenager heavily breathing. He was surrounded by destroyed robots and she stared in awe. The boy scoffed at the robots and turned his head, locking eyes with Imani. They both froze as their eyes widened, realizing who they both were.

"Katsuki?!"
"Imani?!"

Then, there was a loud noise that distracted them. Everyone ran away from the source, but Imani ran toward it. Izuku noticed a girl trapped in the rubble. Imani quickly approached the scene as Izuku jumped up in the air. He struck the giant robot in an attempt to save the girl. Imani used her light distribution to throw the rubble off of the girl.

"You okay?" Imani asked in a concerned tone.

"Yeah.. I'm okay.." The girl stated while rubbing her head.