« 𝟼 »

Aizawa walked into the classroom and menacingly glared in the direction of the students. They shivered in fear as they all scrambled to their seats. He cleared his throat and began to review their lesson. Imani sat at her desk taking notes and occasionally doodling on her notebook cover. Izuku stole glances at her as she was smiling, seemingly in her own world.

Imani snapped out of her daze and looked at Izuku. Oblivious, she smiled and waved in a friendly manner. Izuku laughed a little and waved back. He hopelessly put his head down, noticing that Imani hasn't noticed his hints so far. After class, all of the students turned in their work. Aizawa assigned the students to create a rough draft for their hero outfits. Imani walked up to Aizawa and tapped his shoulder.

"Hm?" Aizawa grumbled.

"Is there a deadline for this? Also do we have limitations?" Imani asked while sweatdropping at his intense gaze.

"Hm.. It's due next Friday and there are no clear limitations. I'd advise it not to be too impractical and necessary for your quirk." Aizawa sighed while applying eye drops.

"Okay! Thanks Teach!" Imani exclaimed while skipping out of the classroom.

Later, Imani walked out of class along with her friends. They all walked home together and started on their homework assignment. That night, Imani was on her bed thinking of designs for her hero costume. She knew it had to be compatible with her quirk, yet fashionable and memorable. She continued to sketch out elements in her costume until her phone rang

"Mom? Why is she calling me right now? Maybe she's on a break or something.." Imani said to herself, trying to make sense of the phone call.

"Imani! You have to get out of the house now!" Her mother shouted.

"Wait what? What's going on?" Imani said while sitting up in a panic.

There was yelling in the background and Imani heard her mother's quirk activating.

"Okay Flower Listen. I need you to pack some clothes and necessities because a villain is blowing up buildings in that area. It might end up being our house so just get out while you can." Imani's mother explained in a stoic tone.

"U-uh okay! Please be safe mama!" Imani exclaimed while tearing up, thinking about the possible outcomes of the situation. She began grabbing the essentials she needed quickly, almost tripping over her feet while doing so.

"You too Imani.. I love you. Be safe and use your quirk if you really have to!" Her mother said as she quickly hung up, returning to the scene.

The line clicked and Imani immediately got back to her packing. She grabbed her school backpack and another small backpack. She ran to grab all of her savings just in case of emergencies. Imani heard banging downstairs and threw on her backpack while holding the other. She quietly snuck down the stairs and saw that two villains was in her kitchen wearing ski masks.

Slowly, she slipped her backpack off and stepped near a window in the hallway. Imani absorbed all of the sun's rays that were shining through the window. She stored the energy and crawled to a better angle to properly see the two. She snapped a picture of them, gathering as many features as she could, besides their faces. The click sound of the picture being taken went off and she panicked.

The villains stopped in their tracks and went silent. The male villain ordered the woman to find out what it was. The woman scratched her arm and allowed blood to seep out of the wound. The villain's blood began to make a fizzing sound as her venom corroded the blood. She began to approach Imani's hiding spot. Imani held her breath as the woman rounded the corner slowly.

Imani exhaled and threw a large light orb at her. The woman was knocked back into the counter as the man went to check on her. The man growled set the bag aside and pulled out a bat.