Vacation

Whirl smiled as she tossed a frisbee to Hotshot. The rescuebots were having school break on a private island the Burns had rented for them.

"Isn't this awesome?" Hoist asked as he practiced his lasso tricks on the beach.

Whirl was enjoying their vacation, of course, but she was a little bored. She had wanted to scope out the island with her friends, but they all wanted to do something else: Wedge was building a sandcastle, Hoist had his lasso tricks, Hotshot was playing around, and Medic was exploring the creatures of the beach.

"Hey guys!" Whirl said as she transformed into her helicopter mode. "I'm gonna explore."

"K."

"See ya."

"Have fun."

"Be careful."

Whirl took off. It was a pretty big island, covered in forests. Whirl suddenly noticed some trees that appeared to have been singed by...something.

Whirl thought back to last night when her and the other recruits had seen something odd in the sky. It was a meteorite, or something. Whirl had thought it had landed somewhere on the island. She had wanted to investigate, but the others wanted her to relax.

Now Whirl wondered if the meteorite had been what had singed the trees. She landed and looked around.

Sure enough, there was deep hole in the ground, but whatever had been in it was...gone.

"Finally!" A voice said from behind Whirl. "I was wondering when an autobot would show up."

Whirl turned around, but the speaker was hidden in the shadows of the trees.

"Haha...a rescuebot."

"Who's there?" Whirl asked. "As a rescue police bot, I can arrest you."

"Child, I have slayed autobot warriors. You will not be a challenge."

"I'm stronger than you think." Whirl said.

Suddenly, the speaker came out of the darkness. Whirl gasped.

"Airachnid?"

The infamous decepticon had disappeared years ago. Even her rival Arcee had never found out what happened to her.

"Yes. And I plan to have fun with you, little one." Airachnid said. Then she attacked.

Her extra legs reached out to slice the helicopter-bot, but, to the con's surprise, she blocked them with her arm rotors. She even sliced off the tip of one.

Whirl jumped up and landed on Airachnid's neck, but the con whipped her off. Whirl crashed to the ground.

"Interesting." Airachnid said, Whirl beginning to peak her interest.

Whirl jumped back up and slammed into Airachnid's gut. The con fell back, but she smacked Whirl away.

"I've read up on all the rescuebots, Whirl, your file never mentioned you were good at combat." Airachnid said slyly.

"There's a lot people don't know about me." Whirl said.

"You know, I was planning on dissecting you" Airachnid said. "But, I have much better plans for you, my dear."

Airachnid used her extra legs to pin Whirl to the ground.

"Much better plans."