Tag, You're It

Third-person pov:

The next day had finally arrived, and you had awoken and meandered to the kitchen. Looking at the time, it seemed you had been the first to wake up. You could tell this would be a common occurrence due to his messed-up sleep schedule. Opening over to the fridge, you shuffled through some of the food you had bought yesterday. Just as you had pickily decided what would be best and set it on the counter, you heard a thud from one of the back rooms then watched the sleepy hero killer emerge from his room. He slowly walked into the kitchen and laid his head on the counter once he reached an empty seat. Sighing, you got up and filled a spray bottle with ice water. 

"AH! THAT'S COLD!" The male yelled, sitting straight up and completely awake. That being a mistake because it caused the water to drip down off his neck and down his shirt. Chi shivered and aimed a glare at you and your smirk. You put the bottle down, proud that you managed to wake him, and sat in the seat across from Chi. 

Breakfast was casual until Chi got up to get himself something to eat. You cursed yourself for not seeing it before, but at the edge of her father figure's shirt was a line of blood. You panicked, running over to him and grabbing his arm, to which you received a questioning look.  You simply pointed at the blood and he groaned. 

"You might want to turn around kid, I need to rewrap this bandage. You might lose your appetite." He then began to shuffle off to the medicine cabinet, wincing as he tried to bend down. You shook your head in a 'really why are you like this kind of way, and pulled him back to his seat, rummaging through the cabinet yourself in search of bandages.

"Sorry kid. I ran into Endeavor and, things got messy." Chi mumbled as you tossed bandages at him. 

"Who did you try to kill this time?" You asked wearily. You knew that, well at least to the heroes, your dad was a villain. 

"I- I tried to get that fame-seeking good for nothing Mnt Lady..."

"Chi, why... why don't you just maim them? I get that you want to rid the hero society of the fake heroes, I do too, but you don't need to kill them. You could bring them to the point of death to teach them a lesson then tell them you are letting them live so they can be a better hero!" You said, getting progressively more excited as you spoke. The idea of more good heroes, who finally have learned the meaning of the title, brought a slight smile to your face.

"I can't control it... When I cut them, the sent of the blood overwhelms me, and my blood lust takes over." Chi sighed, looking down. He, to say the least, was embarrassed by his addiction to blood. Your plan was excellent, but he didn't know if he could control his urge for blood. 

"Oh...Well, I could help you!"

"Kid, how could you do that?"

"I could fight beside you! And I can collect blood for you, from the fake hero's wounds so you don't have to kill!" Chi looked at you as if you were a different person than he had found on that roof two nights ago. A glint of admiration in his eyes. 

"Ok, we can try this, but first, we will have to make you your vigilante outfit."  He smiled lightly. He walked over to the hall closet and pulled out a bag from the day before. 

"I have a meeting I need to go to today, so while I'm gone, you can use the sketch pad at the bottom of the bag, to draw your outfit! Oh, and while I'm gone, I hired someone to keep you alive while I'm out. His name is Spinner, he'll be arriving in about 20 minutes. Bye kiddo!" And with that, the Hero Killer was off. You watched as he slipped out the window and jumped onto the neighboring building.

 You sat back down and began sketching, trying your hardest not to hate on your work. Eventually, you had a sketch you were decently proud of. As you turned around to put the work on the fridge so that Chi would see it, you jumped. There was a man-lizard sitting on the couch! Upon seeing your panic, he jumped up and started talking a mile a minute.

"I'm so sorry! I'm Spinner.! The one your dad sent to watch you! I did knock, and the door was open, so I just came in. And then I saw how deep you were into your sketch, so I didn't want to interrupt-" You cut him off speaking in a more quiet and monotone voice.

"It's fine, you just startled me. By the way, how did you meet my dad? He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who likes making a lot of friends." The chill to your voice shocked Spinner. He thought you would be a lively kid, but you just sounded like you've seen too much for a kid your age. Spinner sat in silence pondering this for a second before realizing the question asked, his eyes then lighting up like a little kid. 

"Well, I'm a huge fan of his! I've heard his message and it moved me so much I've been trying to follow in his footsteps to take out all the fake heroes, and one day we crossed paths on patrol! He let me give him my number in case he ever needed help! So when I got a call, this wasn't necessarily what I thought it would be, but I'm not complaining! It's cool to meet his kid! You looked at him, an emotion of vague curiosity crossing your face, followed by a terrifying smirk. 

"Hey Spinner, do you know what your task here is?" 

"Stain said something to the effect of just keeping you alive."

"Yep." You said, your smirk growing. You were proud he hadn't realized you had placed yourself in front of the still-open window. His eyes widened as he realized your placement, and at the actuality of the words, Stain had said. You smiled and jumped out the window. Spinner panicked till he saw you had landed safely on the neighboring building's balcony, but that relief was short-lived as you began to climb to the top of the building. You weren't as strong as Spinner, but you could be quick if you wanted to. So, as soon as you reached the top of the building, you began to run, jumping over the small gaps between roofs, Spinner in pursuit. You may not have been as physically trained as Spinner, but your decisions were out of the ordinary, making their game of tag more interesting for both players. 

 (I'm making spinner like an older cousin to Y/n, and you can't stop me.)

Once you had reached a large gap you stopped, knowing without practice you would fall, so you moved to the next best thing, lunging at a lamp pole that was decently close and sliding down to the ally below. You darted between people, better at this than Spinner due to having practiced in the hell known as school. You made it to a building and scampered inside, Stain seeing finally and rushing in that direction. You pushed the swinging doors as a false clue and then proceeded to run out the back door.  Competitively playing the game you ran into the maze of alleyways behind the building, only to get lost yourself. 

You sat down, watching the sun begin to dip down, crying slightly to yourself as you felt a cold breeze blow past you. I'm sorry Spinner, I didn't mean to get this lost. Please help me. Your thoughts screamed. 

-Trigger warning. Mentions/describes cutting and panic attacks.-

You brought your legs to your chest and wrapped your arms around them, beginning to rock softly. You looked to the side. With glazed eyes, you saw a piece of a shattered bottle. within arms reach. You picked it up, using it to draw little amounts of blood. Minutes passed, and you finally put the glass down. You slid the sleeve of your hoodie down, the only thing you had to wear at the moment, and stared into the darkness, just...waiting.

It had been a good 30 minutes of sitting, crying into the dark. You rocked yourself back and forth in a desperate attempt to calm down, the silence around you deafening. Every small noise struck some amount of panic into your heart. By this time, the darkness had consumed the alleyway leaving you to sit alone in its abyss. You wondered why your first nights hadn't been like this, but then you realized...

.

.

.

...you never thought you would have to be alone again.

---------------------------------------------

Word count: 1493

A/n: Hello everyone, I hoped you enjoyed my new chapter of Reaper! I know this was more of a filler chapter, and I had planned to do more, but I figured I had put off releasing another chapter for long enough. Next chapter, I plan to introduce more BNHA/MHA characters to Y/n, and you will finally get to know your quirk! Thank you for reading so far! I hope you enjoyed it!

Love - A Sleepy Author