Forgetful Remembrance

"Where were you? You had us so worried!" Stain said, pulling you from Spinner and into another big hug. 

"Sorry, dad." You mumbled out from under the cloth, mindlessly speaking as you were too relieved to see him again to think about what you said. He pulled away in surprise. 

"D-dad?" He sputtered, causing Spinner to look between the two of you, wondering if he should stay in the family drama. Exhausted, you didn't pick up on your slip-up and just stared at Chi. Spinner started to back away slowly as his idol stared at the younger girl in shock. Noticing the movement, Stain glared towards the lizard boy, then sighed. As much as he wanted to yell at him for losing you, he couldn't fault Spinner, seeing as Y/N had done as much as possible to keep him on his toes, the boy telling him about their game when he had arrived home to a missing kid.

"Come here, Spinner, I'm not mad. How bout you help me, and make some dinner. You both must be starving. And Y/N, come with me. I have something to show you." He beckoned you to follow him while Spinner panicked in the kitchen, not knowing what to make. 

Following Chi into a hallway, you approached a door that you had passed but never been in. Sheepishly, he rubbed the back of his neck as he stood in front of said door. 

"So um, after work, I got you some stuff. I hope you like it." Opening the door to reveal a semi-plain room. A  small desk sat by a window, a twin bed across the room from it, next to the bed, a large beanbag chair, and a very fluffy carpet covered most of the hardwood. Next to the doorway, you stood in, there was a curtain that you promptly slid away to reveal a shelf, which you assumed was your closet considering all the variously sized hoodies in it. Not to mention the clothes you had bought the other day. 

"I know it's not much-" Chi said, only to be quickly interrupted. 

"I love it!" You exclaimed. Happily face planting into the bed and just laying there in contentment. Your cat scrambling up to sleep beside you. Chi smiled and exited the room, letting you rest. He saw that it had been a long night for you, and you deserved to relax. 

As he walked down the hallway, he looked at the cards the hero had given. The first card was a business card for a therapist. Stain looked up, confused. What had happened that was so bad that the strange man felt obligated to give out a therapy card? He flipped the card over, finding a little etched-in note. Squinting, he read the hurried message. "Check... her... wrists?" He groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose. The poor thing may need the therapy more than he thought. He turned to the second card. It was smaller than the first one, a solid white, no fancy details, with a phone number scrawled in the same handwriting as on the other paper. Upon further inspection, there was a short note in the corner. "Use this number to call me, no earlier than 10 pm. We need to discuss your child." Stain sweatdropped at the words. "What does he know?" being the primary thought in his mind. Taking deep breaths, Stain managed to calm himself down and head into the kitchen to help Spinner with food.  

----------- Le Time Skip (To the next day) brought to you by The Kool-Aid Man--------

The night had come and gone quickly. Well, what was left of the night. After all, you had only arrived back at your home around 10 pm. An alarm clock, which you hadn't seen the night before, rang angrily on the desk. Pulling yourself out of bed, you picked out a comfy outfit, no expectation to do much today. 

You walked down the hall to see Chi cooking breakfast. It was still all so new to you, being the adopted kid of a villain. In all honesty, you assumed his life was... a little more exciting, even when he wasn't playing vigilante. But here he stood, plaid shirt jeans, making ramen in the microwave. With a small smile, you opened the pantry and grabbed some food. As you munched on breakfast, stain sat down, placing his food in front of him but not eating it quite yet. 

"Kid. I've been thinking. If you plan to help me, we are going to need to train you first. So today, we will be heading over to a gym to train. And a going to see a quirk doctor, to figure out if you have a quirk, and if you do, how to use it." He beamed, happy to get to spend some time with his kid. Going back to his ramen, which had finally cooled enough, you nodded your head, placing some food for Cat to eat. 

"Ok, so today is going to be busy..." You trailed off. 

"Mhm. Actually, we have to go see the doctor in 15 minutes! Time to move!"

You both scrambled to get your stuff to go. Jogging down the street, you arrive at the doctor's on time, both of you stopping to catch your breath. Chi signed you in, and you both waited awkwardly, on too small of chairs, for the doctor to call you back. 

"Fucking finally." Stain whispered as the doctor called you back, grumbling as he put his hand in his pockets and stood up. You followed behind silently, slightly worried about your quirk and how it might act up during the tests. The doctor, you observed as he led you to a small room, was a stout, plump little man with a nice mustache. He sat down in a little spinny chair and waited for the two of you to promptly sit in the two chairs next to the door. 

"So you want to do a quirk analysis? That is a little odd to do one at their age, but I do know that some quirks are circumstantial. So, what is the situation?" The doctor questioned.

"Well she kinda hasn't d-" Stain started, only to be cut off.

"-I got it for the first time last night, but I don't understand it yet" You finished. Stain looked at you in shock, this being the first time he had heard of you getting your quirk.

"I guess you were uninformed Sir?" The doctor questioned, then continuing without any wait for an answer.  "I'll run a few tests and see what I find." (Totally not me having no clue, so just making up a process-) 

After an hour of bloodwork and stress simulations, to test if you can control the quirk or not, you finally knew more about your qurik and, finally, knew what to call it. 

Reaper.

A/N: Sorry for not updating in forever, life got hectic and I lost all motivation. But now I'm back with a new chapter so I hope you all enjoy! 

Love- A Sleepy Author