Cats and Comfort

Third-person POV:

No. No. No. NO. You thought frantically. I can't do this it hurts. I don't want to be alone again. Spinner,  Dad,  someone anyone, please help me. Tears keep rolling down Y/N's face. They desperately wanted them to stop. I want to be brave. You thought as they brought your sleeve to your face and wiped away the fresh tears. Suddenly there was a crash and the sound of breaking bottles. Sighing in frustration, you called out into the dark.

"Hello?" Your call being met with silence. You watch into the alleyway in front of you but pulling back against the wall upon hearing another crash and a thud of something living to the floor. You shivered with fear, staring intensely out into the dark, not noticing the faint dual-tone glow your hands emitted, one hand a gentle violet-blue and the other a lichen green. Suddenly something jumped at you from in the dark. On instinct, you raised your hands in defense, the violet hand contacting with fur. When you looked up from behind your arms, you first noticed a large gray cat with mangy fur and a nicked ear had fallen still in your lap. The next thing you noticed was the small glowing orb in your faintly violet-blue luminescent hand. Panicking, you cupped it with both hands, a bit of the lichen green color ebbing into it. Upon seeing that, you dropped the orb on the cat that lay unmoving in your lap. 

"Finally. What's that stupid kid's quirk anyway?" You heard a raspy voice say. Shocked you looked around, not seeing anyone. 

"Hello!?" You called out into the dark, your dimming hands relighting in your panic. 

"Is this kid crazy? I'm the only one around. What are they hearing?" The raspy voice said again.

"Where are you?"

"Can...can this kid hear my thoughts? Hey kid, look down." The voice commanded. Immanently you looked down, only seeing the cat staring back up at you.  

"Wha- I'm going crazy, aren't I?" 

"Oh my catnip, the kid can hear me. Hey kid, I'm the cat on your lap, and whatever your quirk is, it somehow made you able to  know my thoughts now." You didn't reply, too happy to have someone to help you not feel so alone, but forcing you to remember that you were lost all over again. The tears that you had fought off so adamantly earlier returning to the surface. 

"Whoa! Kid, why are you crying?" 

"I'm just lost, and I want my dad." You sobbed out, toxic thoughts starting to fill your head. Unfortunately for you, the mind link went both ways, so your cat companion heard everything. Knocking away the piece of glass before you could do something stupid, the cat started meowing frantically. 

Unbeknownst to you or the cat, a certain pro-hero happened to be in the area. Aizawa, and his great love for cats, heard the meows and realized it was a distress call. Imeadently he went to find the source of the panic, not expecting to find a sobbing teen being guarded by a panicked cat. 

"Kid! Hey Kid!" He yelled as he ran towards you. Crouching in front of you, he put up his hand to show he was no threat.

"What's wrong? Why are you all alone?" You tried to stutter out a response but to no avail. Aizawa went to grab your arm and shake it but stopped when his fingers contacted blood on your sleeve.

"Kid, what happened? You have to talk to me, or I cant help."

"Dimwitt." Thought the cat, pulling its self back into your lap and booped you on the nose. This finally got through your panic attack. Realizing the presence of the adult, you latched onto the cat, hugging them tightly in fear. 

"Don't worry. I'm a pro hero. I'm here to help you. Now, what's wrong? " He whispered soothingly. 

"Lost... lost in the alleyways. Wanna go home." You breathed out, tears slowing as you realize you would get out of the maze of alleyways. 

"Here, you can get on my back. You are in no position to run." Aizawa said as he eyed the amount of blood you had lost. You nodded and looked at the cat in your arms.

"Do you want to come with? We have food at home and it's warm." You conveyed to the stray telepathically. The cat nodded and jumped into your hood, curling up for a nap. You gave the address to Aizawa, and he was off. 

----Time skip brought to you by Spirits: You're Free Real Estate----

As you arrived in the hallway with your apartment, you began sprinting. Sliding to a stop, you knocked on the door with excitement you hadn't felt in a long time. The door opened, and you tackled Stain in a hug right as he opened the door.

"Dad!"

"Y/N your back! Are you ok? What happened?"

Aizawa listened to the commotion from the end of the hallway, a slight smile adorning his face. Just as he turned away, he heard you yell.

"Thank you for taking me home!" Without looking back, he had his scarf hand Stain two cards. Though you never noticed, being too wrapped up in hugging Spinner and apologizing to him for running off.  

"Anytime, kid. Anytime." He said as he walked away. Right as he stepped into the elevator he heard one last thing from the odd family...

.

.

.

...when did you get a cat?

-----------------------------------------------

Word count: 916

A/N: Thanks for reading my newest chapter! We are finally getting somewhere with the storyline! As for your quirk, I will write it on its own chapter, as well as more about the original characters. I hope you enjoyed it and hope you have a lovely day/night! 

Love- A Sleepy Author