2: Merry Go Round

To say that the day started off normal would be an understatement

To say that the day started off normal would be an understatement. Since it is Valentine's Day, everyone would be acting crazy. Most would say that love makes you do stupid stuff but Perri believes that it is just another day that people can use as their excuse for their antics.

For Perri, Valentine's Day was not for her, she didn't celebrate it and it wasn't because she hated love or the idea of love but because her birthday was overshadowed by the holiday. That's right, Miss Perrin Hart was born on the day of love and because of it, her birthday was often forgotten by everyone except her father and her brothers.

"Perrin?" a voice called out faintly which snapped her out of her daydream.

"Yeah, sorry." Perri coughed lightly as she sat up straight in her seat before turning to look at Athena.

"Everything okay? That is the third time today that you had your head in the clouds." Athena looked at the red head.

"Yeah of course everything is fine." Perri smiled at the Sargent. "Let's get to work."

Athena smiled softly before putting the car in gear and driving off.

As they drove, they got a call about a disturbance and since they were only a few blocks from the address, Perri's hand moved up to her radio that was clipped on the left side of her shirt, pressing the button before talking into it, "This Officer Hart and L727-30 are en route."

Athena and Perri arrived at the scene, they saw a couple arguing on the front porch of their home. "I got this." Perri told Athena before walking up to the porch.

"Excuse me, what seems to be the problems here?" Perri asked looking at a blonde woman and a tall brunette man.

"Where should I start? First Charlie here, shows up late to my place for a Valentine's Day breakfast and then I find out he is seeing another girl!" the blonde yelled

"She's an ex and you shouldn't be going through my phone!" the tall brunette man apparently called Charlie, yelled at the blonde.

The blonde took a step and looked at Perri, "I'm sorry officer for making a scene but I wanted this day to be perfect."

"I understand. I'm only here because your yelling is upsetting the neighbors." Perri explained to the blond.

"You should try living with her." the man named Charlie said softly.

The blonde gasped turning back at Charlie, "What's that suppose too mean?"

The couple started to argue again which caused Perri to sigh. She calmly asked for them to stop yelling and when that didn't work, she yelled 'Enough' hoping that it would get them to stop and it did. "If you don't stop yelling, I will have to arrest you for disturbing the peace." Perri explained

"Like hell you will." Charlie snapped before rushing down the steps, pushing Perri to the side before running.

Perri gasped when she was pushed by Charlie, she groaned when she started to chase after him.