3: Blast from the Past

Perri walked alongside of Buck, laughing and holding the pretzel that was bought a few blocks down

Perri walked alongside of Buck, laughing and holding the pretzel that was bought a few blocks down. "I can't believe you use to steal the fire truck just to have sex in it." she laughed as she ripped a piece off the pretzel before tossing it in her mouth.

"I was different person then." Buck sighed. He looked at her, "Bobby gave me a second chance and I don't want to mess up and let him down."

"Well from what I've seen, I am certain that you will not let him down." Perri smiled up at him. When he smiled at her, her cheeks grew red. "Here..." she smiled tearing a piece of pretzel and reaching up to his mouth. Buck chuckled as he opened his mouth, taking the pretzel with his teeth.

Perri chuckled slightly shaking her head. "You know, I've only ever seen California in movies or tv shows or pictures." Perri told him. "And then there was that one time that I visited my Yaya at her vineyard in Napa."

"Yaya?" Buck asked looking down at her.

"It's Greek for Grandmother. Actually its YiaYia but Yaya works as well." Perri explained.

"You're Greek?" Buck looked at her surprised.

"I am on my mothers side. My Yaya is Greek and my Papa is Scottish." Perri explained as she ate the last piece of the pretzel before balling up the napkin and pushing it into her jacket pocket.

"Well, the Scottish explains the hair." Buck chuckled as he messed with her hair which caused her to laugh.

"Not just the Scottish but the Irish on my father's side." Perri smiled.

Just as Perri was about to say something else, someone had bumped into her. She apologized even though it wasn't her fault. "Perri?" a voice questioned causing both her and Buck to turn to look at person who had just said her name.

"Caleb?" Perri questioned looking at the guy who had bumped into her. She noticed that he wasn't alone, there was a blonde girl next to him. The blonde that use to be her be her friend, Katie.

"Wh-What are you doing in LA?" Katie asked looking at the red head.

"I live here now. What are you guys doing here?" She asked looking at her ex-boyfriend and her ex-best friend.

"Who's this?" Caleb asked pointing Buck, completely ignoring Perri's question.

"This is Buck. He's-" Perri started

"Her boyfriend." Buck said with a smug smile. His words made Perri look up at him, she was a bit surprised. She was surprised that he that he introduced himself as her boyfriend. Why would he do that?

"What do you do Buck?" Katie asked, who couldn't keep her eyes off him.

"I'm a firefighter." Buck said glancing over at Katie.

"Really? You're lucky." Katie smiled looking at Perri.

Perri shook her head as if to snap herself out of her small haze, "What-What are you doing here?"