4: Shots Fired

"Set Fire to the rain and let's jump into into the flames

"Set Fire to the rain and let's jump into into the flames..."

~~~~~~~

Perri and her new partner, Jane Shore had responded to check on some suspicious activity at a house that is currently on the market to be sold. Upon arriving to the house, Perri got a bad feeling. Pulling up in front of the house and parking, Perri just stared at the house in front of her.

Officer Shore looked over at the red head, "Everything okay?" She asked worried about her fellow officer.

"I just have a bad feeling that something isn't right." Perri explained as she unbuckled and looking out the window at the house. "It's probably nothing."

"Why do you say that?" Jane asked before following her partners gaze to the house.

"There have been at least seven different calls to this address either about suspicious activity or trespassing. This house is on the market to be sold, it shouldn't be getting this much attention." Perri explained as she looked up the address on the computer.

"It could be some neighborhood kids breaking in and partying or a couple of open houses that a person think are suspicious." Jane rebuttaled

"Maybe." Perri muttered as she kept her eyes on the house. "Let's check it out. Call in anything you see."

Perri and Jane exited the car and made their way up to the house. Perri was leading, half way up the front path leading to the house, and before she had time to react, she on the ground.

Frozen with fear and anxiety, Jane rushed to her partner, "Shots fired! Officer Down! Need RA units at current location and requesting immediate backup!" Jane radioed as she pulled her partner back over to the car. She thought it was weird that there wasn't anymore shots. Whoever is in the house must only shoot when people get close. Jane only hoped the car between them and the house and the shooter was enough.

Jane didn't know if it was fear or anxiety that was making everything dizzy but she knew one thing, that she has to choose whether to stay with Perrin until backup and an ambulance gets to the scene or to go an investigate. Her brown eyes fixed on her now bloodied hands pressing against her partner's abdomen.