6: Something in the Air: Part 1

Perri sighed as she quietly pushed open the door to her apartment and walked inside, the door shutting behind her

Perri sighed as she quietly pushed open the door to her apartment and walked inside, the door shutting behind her. Then quietly made her way towards her room, halfway to her room, she was stopped when a light turned on.

"Sweet cheese!" Perri exclaimed as she jumped being partially scared when the lights turned on. Her hand now placed on her chest, over her heart. She had hoped that Paxton would still be asleep by time she got home.

She turned to see that Paxton was sitting on the couch and was the one who had turned on the light that sat on the end table.

"You're home late." Paxton said looking at Perri, with a smirk.

"Y-Yeah, there might have been some champagne and sleeping in also I forgot to set an alarm." Perri spit out.

Paxton looked at Perri and noticed that her hair was a mess, her dress was on backwards and the way she was acting made it seem like she did something that she wasn't supposed to do. "You had sex! You and Buck slept together. About damn time too." Paxton smirked at his sister.

"W-What?! N-No. Nothing happened." Perri said hoping that Paxton believed her.

"Please. Your hair is mess and your dress is on backwards, which I don't known how you didn't notice that." Paxton pointed out. "Plus I might have been peaking out the window and saw what looked a little like a very heated make out session in his car. Couldn't really see but wasn't hard to put two and two together."

"I hate it when you spy on me." Perri sighed as she walked towards her room.

"It's not spying if you are doing it where everyone can see. And I do it all out of love and you do the same thing if it was me." Paxton wasn't far behind her, he stood in the doorway of her room, leaning against the door frame. Perri had thrown her shoes of to the side on the floor before walking over to her bed, trying to unzip her dress, sighing when the zipper got stuck.

"So is this what a walk of shame looks like? Is that what's going on here?" Paxton cheekily asked.

"Not a walk of shame. I have nothing to be ashamed of." Perri said. It was definitely a walk of shame but she didn't like that term. And also she didn't have anything to be ashamed of. "Just more of a one time thing."

Paxton gave his sister a look. He knew his sister, they were twins after all, and he knows that both Buck and Perri like each other, they are both to stubborn to admit it. And he also knew that after what happened with Caleb, that she was afraid to put herself out there again, to let her guard down. "If this is not a walk of shame, that means you want to do it again?"

Perri gave Paxton a death glare. She didn't want to talk about this with him. Although she was saying that it was a one time thing, she didn't want it to be.

Perri has had her heart broken one to many times, she didn't like how painful heartbreak is. She grew up in a house full of boys, she thought that she knew how guys were. Some are sweet and kind, others are cruel and only care about themselves. All she wants is the love that her parents had.