7

Chapter 7

Luna

Once again, headmaster made me sit with them. After eating breakfast, Headmaster gathered every first years and gave us our schedules. After receiving mine, I head towards Dexter who's leaning on the wall, far corner of the dining hall. He saw me walking towards him and he stood straight.

“Look at my schedule.” I said huffing, giving him my schedule. He took mine and he gave his.

Then suddenly, he laughed.

“What?” I asked, looking at him jokingly annoyed.

“Seems like Ice bath is what you'll need after a day with this schedule of yours.

“Yeah, seems like it.” I said shaking my head, chuckling.

“Good luck.” he said tapping my head as he took his schedule from me in exchange of mine and walked towards his friends who just got their schedule.

After scanning the paper, I sighed then went ahead towards my room to prepare for my first period which if Dragon Rider History. I may not look like it, but I'm excited.

After getting all the books I'll need, I head out to Headmaster's office.

After a few minutes, I reached Headmaster's office and I gently knocked.

“Come in.” I heard headmaster said and I went inside.

“Good morning, headmaster” I said walking towards his table and sitting down on one of the chairs in front of his table.

“Ah, Luna. How can I help you this fine morning?” headmaster asked me, smiling. But I knew better, I can see through his eyes, and he's nervous.

“We both know why I am here, headmaster. And if you still want me to be a little clearer, it's about my dragon, headmaster.”

As I study his face, I see a bead of sweat trailing down from his forehead.

“That. Child, I know you want your answer as it is about your dragon, but I have to shut  up for the time being. I know that you want it so badly, but as I open up the conversation about your dragon, first, I want you to be ready about the new world you're now in and as you can see, you still have a lot to adjust to. I want you to be prepared on what is actually around us, I want you to be open to this new world, along with your companion. It is not only for the safety of the others, but it's for your and your dragon's safety too.” he looks at me pleadingly, his eyes asking me to understand him. I know he's right about me not fully adjusted to this new world I'm in, and I know that I have a lot to know about my dragon as well. That's why, I have to wait.

“I understand headmaster, I'll wait until I fully understand my current situation right now which is me being in this new world. But I hope that my questions will be answered soon.” I said now standing up along headmaster.

“Thank you, Child. And I promise you that all will be answered when the time is right for you and your companion.” He said now in front of me.

“I'll head to my class now headmaster, thank you for your time.” I said bowing, as I look up, he's still smiling at me. He brought his hand up and patted my head.

“You'll do wonders child, just be yourself.” he said and I nodded taking his words by heart. I walked outside and gently closed the door just like how I went in. I released a huge sigh and continued my journey towards my class.

Nearing the room, the anxiety just came crushing in. I'm an awkward person, especially to those I don't know, and it takes a lot of time to get used to people, and seeing as I'm going inside a room with s lot of people in it, I can't help but get a cold sweat.

I suck a lot of breath and gently let it out, and opens the door.

Edited:
April 11, 2022
:)