17

Luna

After Dexter and Christan brought me to my quarters, every demon that we were fighting surrendered and is being detained. Meanwhile, Kaden Siege is in a separated dungeon, away from his dragon, his subjects, and is being restrained from using any of his powers by magic.

Knocking him out is the best decision I've made because of what he has done, a lot of people would want to see him pay for the crimes he committed to each individual that he caused trauma to, such as the demons that he enslaved and mind controlled, and his dragon who only wanted peace.

Tomorrow is the day of the trial, Kaden Siege's trial. The Magi Committee is there to give him the judgement he deserves and everyone will be there to hear and witness his end.

After the trial is the burial of the brave warriors that fought courageously, from students to the demons that died during the war. Respect and honor must be presented to each of them as they were a great warriors on the battlefield.

______________________________________________

The Day of the Trial

Everyone is on the stands, waiting for Kaden Siege to be presented on the middle of the field, surrounded by the people and dragons that suffered because of the horrific things he did. Because of the lives he took without mercy.

The Magi Community is here right now, ready to witness the monster's end.

“Bring Kaden Siege out.”  Headmaster Argenti, the head of the Magi Committee said to the guards that is guarding Kaden's dungeon.

“Don't touch me! I am a god you fools, I'm a god. Don't touch me!” Kaden said as the people around watched him being dragged towards the middle of the field they are in.

As the guards settled Kaden on the middle, Headmaster Argenti spoke.

“People of Magi Community, we are gathered here today to finalize the punishment Kaden Siege deserves.”

“Punishment!? I do not deserve any punishment! I am a god!” Kaden raged, trying to remove the cuffs off of him.

“Enough! You are accountable for the deaths of innocent, warriors that fought for peace that you disrupt and those you controlled for the power that you want to obtain but is worthless! And death is the reasonable punishment for the crimes that you've committed and lives that you took. As voted and agreed upon the whole magi community, your life is the payment and your life is what you're going to give.

It is after all the number one rule of ours that our gods, the real gods gave us.

That us, mythical creatures must unite and never harm each other and if this rule is violated, death is the suitable punishment.”

Headmaster Argenti, sat down on his chair and signaled the dragons to position themselves. The 10 dragon companions that the Magi Committee has including Imperium, aligned themselves and gathered their hottest fire.

What shocked the audience is that, a midnight black dragon, stepped forward and positioned beside Imperium. The midnight black dragon roared and he too, summoned his hottest fire he could create.

He may be my companion, but I want to do the right thing myself wanted me to do for years now. Punish him for the crimes he committed, for killing my mate, and for killing my daughter that hasn't even hatched.”

Dyglo, said to Imperium and Luna who can hear his very words.

And at that very moment, Kaden Siege is begging to be spared, begging to be free, begging to be alive. But the damage has been done, and the mind of the whole Magi Community has been made.

With a single hand signal Headmaster gave, the 12 dragons released their fire towards Kaden Siege, his screams can be heard for a moment until it goes silent.

After awhile, the fire died down and Kaden is now nothing but ashes. People cried because of happiness, grief, sadness, and anger. And now, they are on to the hardest part.

Farewells.

_______________________________________________

Luna

Saying goodbye is hard, especially when that's the last time you will see the person you're saying goodbye to. Crying is normal, because loosing someone you love is hard for anyone, even though they're close to you or not, it still hard to say goodbye as it is hard to adjust to the life that you're so used to live with them.

But you can't have them for long, you can't make them stay for as long as you wanted because it is what it is, they have to go and you don't get a say in everything that has to happen. You just have to let it all happen and accept.

Acceptance is a must to continue living a life without them. Learning to accept that they are gone is hard but you must continue. Learning to adjust to the life that you're so used to have with them is just a memory that you're going to keep forever.

And looking at the caskets that is aligned, with every family members that stood over them, crying, holding flowers, and saying one last good bye to the loved ones they've lost broke the heart that is aching continuously. It's a sad view to see, a view that I will never ever want to see again.

I'm one of those people that is lucky to not have a person saying farewell to, but paying respect and honoring them is the least I can do for the hard work they did.

Before releasing the casket to the ocean, Headmaster Argenti called me to give a speech that will give honor to the dead.

“They are all warriors that deserve the honor there is. They fought for the things they believe is good for everyone. They fought until what they're fighting for is obtained. They may be gone but their efforts and bravery is not wasted even a single bit. To the families of this brave warriors, I promise to not waste the peace that your loved ones helped us obtain.

And to our fallen warriors, I thank you for the bravery and hard work you guys put for our goal to be ours. Farewell our bravest warriors.”

One by one, caskets  were released into the ocean, arrows are lit, and arrows was released. Each arrows represents the honor that each fallen warriors have, and the fire that lit their caskets are the symbol that with every end, there is always a begining.

And after this end, there's tomorrow for another beginning.

Edited: June 19, 2023
~Greaueen