Story time

"You are kidding right?" Chase looks at her, annoyed as f*ck.

"No, I'm actually not." She snapped back at him.

Suddenly she could hear a little whimper next to her. She looked over to Killian who was holding Hope and glaring at Chase. Emma took this as her cue to take Hope from her fathers arms. She struggled, because the little princess wouldn't let go of her daddy that easily.

"Hope, come here sweetie." Emma said and Hope automatically let go of Killian, turned around and practically jumped into the arms of her mummy.

"Mummy, why were you screaming at that man?" She whispered so no one else could hear.

"It doesn't matter sweetie. Everything is ok." Emma assured her daughter.

At the same time Killian got up and said: "Could I speak with you in the back? Now!?" It was more a demand as a question.

Emma could see Chase swallow tightly. She smirked and looked proudly at her pirate. Chase got up and walked with Killian into the back of the diner. When they were out of sight Hope lifted her head.

"It does matter mummy! He could hurt you and daddy! He could take you away from me!" Hope said.

"Sweetie, he is no villain, he is someone I know for a long time by now." Emma smiled slightly at her daughter who looked confused now.

"Were you friends?" She asked.

"Uhm ... kind of ..."

"But than why we're you screaming at him?" Hope asked even more confused now.

"He wasn't very nice to us, because grandma and grandpa are coming over here." Hopes eyes lighted up at the mention of her grandparents.

"Will they tell a story?"

Emma giggled and said: "No sweetie, today's mummy's turn to tell a story."

Hopes eyes couldn't light up any more than they were now, nothing is better than a story time from her mummy. She cuddled into her mother again and rested her head on Emma's chest. Suddenly the door to the diner burst open and Henry came running towards the booth where they were sitting.

"What did I miss? And where is dad?" He asked confused.

Regina and Emma both laughed and Emma moved more into the booth. Henry sat down next to his mum and asked again: "Where is dad?" This time sounding really worried.

"He got a little bit protective over your sister and me. Also he'll be back in not that much time so you should better get moving kid." Emma explained with a little laugh.

"Oh ... everything ok?" Henry asked concerned.

"Yes, of course." Emma assured her son with a smile on her face.

Hope, who was still in her moms arms looked up at her brother and smiled at him. Henry smiled back and than got up to get his grandparents and himself some chairs. Meanwhile Killian and Chase came back, Killian wearing a smirk and Chase looking like he just saw a ghost.

"What did you do?" Emma asked her pirate suspiciously.

"Later love, there're children around here."

Emma looked at her boyfriend concerned to what he did do to her ex husband. He just smiled assuringly, telling her that it wasn't to bad, maybe some unappropriated language, but nothing physical that would only make her concern even bigger. She smiled relieved and put her head on his shoulder. The door of Granny's opened again, reveling Snow and Charming. When Snow saw her daughter she smiled big and walked over to the booth with her husband.