Betrayed

————————————————————————

  Ya know waking up in a strange place should be scary, the thought of being alone and helpless.

  But y/n knew she wasn't really alone.

  From the minute she woke up, she could see a boy from afar, confused as to how she got here and where she was.

  Finally it all came back, she grimaced.

  Eret.

  Why! Why would he do this?

  He words echoed through her whole body.

  "Down with the revolution boys, it was never meant to be, but y/n, we are meant to be."

  Before she could think any further, she heard a knock at the door.

  "C-Come in." Her voice shaking.

  "Why hello princess, glad to see you awake."

  "Oh it's only you Dream."

  Dream laughed at that statement.

  "What did you miss me?"

  The girl furrowed her eyebrows and looked up at the green man before her. She certainly did not miss him.

  "What! No way in your dreams, greeny!"

  Dream laughed at the nickname, it's had been the first time in awhile that he genuinely bantered with anyone.

  "Ya know if you weren't Eret's girl, I would've already stolen you."

  Y/n shivered. Eret.

  "Im not Eret's girl." She spoke with a small voice.

  Dream looked at her, puzzled. She was one of the only things Eret would talk about, he just sort of assumed she felt the same about him.

  "Was it because of the betrayal? I promise that Eret is a wonderful guy-"

  "No." She interrupted," We are just friends, well on my end at least. He made a deal with my sorta adopted father that he could marry me."

  Y/n looked away ashamed.

"I never felt that way towards him. I wish I would've told him sooner."

  Dream stepped back. He didn't expect this.

  From the way Eret talked about her, to the way Eret just fluttered at her name. He felt a sense of relief, but also pain.

  Was he going to let this girl marry a man she didn't love?

———————————————————————

  Three days had passed. Y/n had sat there in a cell like room for three painful days.

  Thankfully she had healed from it all, but things still hurt, not physically, but emotionally.

  Dream had been visiting everyday for some reason. He tried to make her at least a little happy while her whole life was breaking apart.

  To be honest, he felt a sudden need to care for her, to be there every time she's hurt, but Dream brushed the feeling aside and simply chalked it up to it being sympathetic.

  Before he could continue his thought rant, Eret entered the room.

  "Dream." He greeted, not as warm as normally.

  "Have you spoken to y/n today? Could I maybe see her?"

  Dream's heart skipped a beat, Eret seeing y/n was the last thing he wanted, but he knew he had to let him see her soon, the wedding and coronation was in two days.

  "Fine. But I need to be present."

  Eret smiled. He was so happy, he hadn't seen y/n since the betrayal in L'manburg.

  The two men walked down the hall, finally reaching the end of the corridor. The keys jiggles in the lock as Dream pushed it open.

  Y/n looked happy at first, all she saw was the green man who had been nice to her, but then she saw him and her smile faded to hurt.

  She didn't hate Eret, she couldn't, but that didn't mean she wasn't hurt.

  The man in all black approached her.

  "Y/n my love!" Eret grabbed her hands with his.

  "Oh how I've missed you my darling!"

His right hand found it's way up to her cheek.

He caressed it just like Wilbur used to when she would get mad at him.

  Y/n couldn't look at him, but Eret needed her to look at him. He needed to see her gorgeous e/c that he had longed for since day one.

  His hand lifted her chin to see him, tears threatening to spill out of her tired eyes.

  "Y/n, this idiot behind me wouldn't let me see you for days now! Can you believe him!?"

  Her eyes darted to the masked man.

  He kept me safe.

  "But no matter about him!" Eret continued on.

  "In two days, I will be crowned king, and we will be wedded!"

  Y/n's eyes got big. The two men were fixated on her. Eret saw her eyes as a sign of being a little scared, and well who could blame her.

Dream though along the same line, but he knew y/n wasn't just nervous to get married, she was nervous because she was scared of Eret.

————————————————————————

🔆Sorry for the slightly shorter chapter! If you have any suggestions or comments please feel free to either message me or just comment here! I hope y'all have a lovely day!🔆