Corpse

Night had arrived much quicker then Sykkuno had hoped. His shift was almost over as the last of the regulars began to leave the cafeteria. The young angel only hoped to God his brothers had found the fallen angel by now. It had been almost a hundred years since he had laid eyes upon one. The last he had seen was an angel he had known in the middle of his fall. It was terrifying to watch someone who seemed so normal change into something so ferrel and primitive. First their wings would burn, their eyes would go black and their bodies demanded to take lives. His whole body shook at the thought of it. He needed to finish work and go straight home, he was an angel of peace, there was no way he could take on a fallen.

"Sykkuno dear." Tammy's voice broke through his thoughts.

"Ah yes?" He turned around.

"Once you take out the trash you can go, I'll close up for the night." She offered kindly.

"Are you sure?" Sykkuno wanted to make sure he wasn't leaving her to do any unnecessary work.

"Of course, you have to go help find your friend right?"

"Right..." Sykkuno could have helped with with search and he didn't like to lie to Tammy. But he knew he wouldn't be able to bring himself to do it.

   He walked through the clean kitchen to the back where a stack of garbage was awaiting him. He pried open the door with a wedge and began tossing the bags outside so he wouldn't have to make as many trips to the bin. When there were only two left he lifted them into his hands ready to leave the building. However just before he could turn around he heard a few large bangs and one final thud. He moved his gaze outside into the alley and as soon as he did he dropped the bags in awe.

"Sykkuno, is everything alright?" Tammy peered around the corner.

"Ah!" He quickly turned around afraid the woman would come closer. "A r-racoon knocked over some cans and startled me, he's totally gone now." He stuttered.

"Alright dear, just keep a look out there could be more." She warned before going back to work.

   He gave a slow nod before stepping out into the alley and closing the door. He began to inch closer to where he had seen the commotion. Upon the garbage bags the angel had just thrown outside lay a man in dark torn clothing. Splayed behind him were four long beaten raven black wings. The large horns of a ram slipped through his dark hair, and his face was covered by a broken mask. His breathing was heavy and coarse.

"Corpse." Sykkuno knew right away.

   He moved closer as carefully as he could to see if the fallen was unconscious. He seemed exhausted and beaten, as if he had been chased here after a fight. Sykkuno looked over his body seeing gashes from a Celestial weapon. The wounds must have been from Zeroths sword. But how did he escape the Archangels grasp? Wait, the Archangels. He pulled his phone from his pocket looking through his contacts until he found his brothers name. He looked up one last time taking in the man's pain. Although his brain told him to call his brothers and right this evil from the world. His heart told him to save the creature before him. He glanced back at his phone and was about to listen to his mind when something suddenly swiped the device from his hand. He looked up quickly to see a bright glowing crimson eye. His heart dropped as fear froze him in place. He closed his own eyes tightly preparing for the fallens attack, however it never came. He slowly opened his eyes again to see that the males wings and horns had retracted and he was now on the ground coughing violently. Upon his back was a black leather jacket just as all angels wore, however the wings were a dark purple. This fallen had once been an angel, Sykkuno thought.

   He leaned down over the dark man suddenly catching him as he fell into the young angels arms. Sykkuno fell under the weight trying to hold him up to check his wound. He looked over the mans face to see his blood red eye fluttering slower with every blink until it changed to a beautiful violet and finally closed. Blood began to pool into his lap, from the garbage to the body was a thick trail of it. If he didn't help him now, the man would die. But what if he did and the fallen tried to kill him, he would have betrayed his brothers for nothing. He thought back to the mans eye and recalled he did not see anger, but desperate fear. The young male closed his almond monolid eyes holding the demon beneath him tightly before he finally tried to help him.

******°•💜•°******

   It had taken quite a while but Sykkuno had been able to drag Corpse's limp body all the way back to the boys small apartment. He had taken the time to sew up the fallens wounds using special ointments to sooth the pain and allow him to rest. The smaller angel now sat on a large gaming chair hunched over his knees as he watched over the dark giant. He had wanted to remove the mask to help him breath but couldn't find any openings, it was obvious the fallen did not want it off.

"Now what?" He let out a long sigh wishing he could ask for help.

    He wanted to let him rest but he didn't know what to do with himself. He was too afraid to fall asleep but he needed to recharge. His thoughts were taken away when a large clump of the males black curly hair fell over his eye. Without much thought Sykkuno leaned in to push the hair away. Although the fanged mask over his face was terrifying Sykkuno couldn't help but want to touch it and find out why this being treasured it so much. It couldn't be to hide his face from angels, the scent of the fallen was strong, even a two winged angel like him could get a hint if they passed eachother on the streets. Perhaps it was for humans? Or perhaps he had some sort of hideous scars he was embarrassed about. The brunette placed his fingers over the cheak of the mask feeling again for a way to pry it off. However just as he did a hand snatched his way.

   Sykkuno let out a small eep as he watched the male slowly sit up. His hand held Sykkuno's tightly and in the fear of the moment he said something idiotic.

"I-I like you nails... Black suits you."

   Corpse's violet eyes glared at the angel as he let go of his hand. Sykkuno watched in terror as the fallen began to stand up moving towards the window.

"Wait!" The shorter male got up quickly.

   Before Corpse could reach the window he grabbed his side pain growling angrily at the stitched wound.

"You need to lie down." The boy warned.

   Corpse ignored him peaking through the blinds to see where they were. He let out a long annoyed sigh when he realized he wouldn't be able to escape with the Archangels in the city. He turned back to the small angel that had helped him. He started to move over reaching a large hand up to grab the frailer males jaw. He moved his face side to side as if inspecting him before letting go.

"Ow." Sykkuno reached his hand up to massage the now sore bone. "You really should sit down you know, my brothers won't find you here."

    Corpse let out an annoyed "tsk" before sitting down upon the bed again. He looked over to see a small green plant hanging beside him and he pushed it gently watching it sway so he could feel a little control over his situation.

"I'm Sykkuno. You're Corpse, right?" The angel tried to strike up the conversation but the other angel wasn't having any of it. "You're welcome to stay here until you're better. There's no backing out of this now." He fretted.

   Corpse said nothing as he stared blankly at the sweet angel before him. Sykkuno tried to read what he was thinking but couldn't even begin to fathom it.

"You can use my bed." He suggested.

   Corpse gently moved his gaze to the bed before him thinking it over before he stood up again. Sykkuno watched as the man walked over patting his fluffy hair before making his way to the couch.

"Ah, let me know if you change your mind."