They're After Me

The rest of their day had gone quite calmly. They had both agreed there was too much excitement in their night before. So although Sykkuno had bought a ton of groceries and planned to cook that night he instead ordered in some take out and the two spent the night streaming Netflix in their PJs. Sykkuno had fallen asleep during one of the shows exhausted by everything intruding in his life. When Corpse realized the young man had passed out he decided to take him to bed. He lifted the light male into his arms gently walking him over to his bed unfolding the sheets before placing him down. He threw the pastel coloured blankets over him and when he did the chocolate haired male curled up getting cozy. Corpse stayed there a second longer incase he woke up but then retreated to the couch. He looked up at the ceiling dreamily thinking about their night. He left the show on terrified that the silence would allow his mind the chance to wonder at its usual rapid pace. He closed his eyes listening to the voices on the TV as his drifted off to sleep.

*****°•🧡•°*****

   The world was quiet for the small urban city. Most of the people besides night workers and street people were now fast asleep unaware of the unpleasantries occurring in the dark alley ways. Deep in the shadows a woman with long fiery hair stood drenched in black and red garments. She seemed annoyed as she waited for something to come. Then footsteps echoed off the old brick walls as another person began to enter the narrow path. The woman looked up to see a tall male with silver hair and piercing blue eyes, Zeroth.

"You're late." The woman hissed.

"I apologize, did you have somewhere to be?" He stopped before her.

"You angels aren't the only ones on a short leash." Her amber eyes burned. "Did you capture him?"

"No, he got away." Zeroth said truthfully. "You said this would be easy."

"It should be for you." The woman snarled. "He's been able to allude us all for years."

"I can find him, but I may need more than just Markus to catch him." He explained.

"No need." She snapped her fingers sparks flying from them like flint. "It seems you can't get the job done after all."

   Behind her the alley wall began to shape and mold opening a dark hole. From it Zeroth could hear growling and barking.

"Hell Hounds." He scoffed. "They can sniff him out sure but they'll shread him to pieces."

"Nothing I can't put back together." She threw her hair over her shoulder. "If the hounds fail, perhaps I'll give you a second chance." She snickered confident they would not.

   Zeroth snarled wanting to bite back and demand his role back but stayed calm as the white wolf watched the firey woman flee the scene. From his back six gorgeous wings sprouted, he lifted them up returning to the sky. Just as he did the massive black hounds bolted from the hole in the wall beginning their hunt.

*****°•💛•°*****

     Back at the apartment something was wrong. Sykkuno tossed and turned in his bed as nightmares filled his mind. Inside he had been wondering in darkness desperately trying to feel or see anything as he walked on. The silence and tension was becoming unbearable until he was surprised to see Zeroth appear before him with a thick black leash in his hand.

"Brother?" He tried to call out but his voice was coarse.

   Zeroth stayed silent a moment grabbing the large leather strap in his hand. "You have sinned Sykkuno." His finally spoke.