Our Home

Sykkuno returned to the apartment with arms full of groceries. He finally got up to the door letting out a long sigh of relief when he knew he was home. He went to grab his keys but realized he had placed them in his back pocket. The hardest pocket to reach when your arms are full of bags. He struggled to find a way to adjust or place them down but unfortunately the bags began to slip from his overwhelmed hands. However just before they hit the ground the door unlatched and two strong arms caught the food that had fallen. Sykkuno looked up in awe to see Corpse picking a few more bags up then holding the door open to let him in.

"Thank you." He said still in shock of how quick he had been.

   Corpse followed behind locking the door again. He placed the bags on the counter and immediately began looking through them to see what he got. He picked out a box of pop tarts opening it up to steal a bag. He ripped it open and walked away to begin munching.

"Uh, you're not gonna toast it first?" Sykkuno raised a brow.

   Corpse just ignored him laying back on the couch as Sykkuno began to put the groceries away. Once he was finished he checked the clock to see what time it was.

"Oh snap." He called out drawing Corpse's attention.

"I've gotta start streaming in a few, will you be okay on your own?"

   The man waved his arm to say 'yeah whatever.' Perhaps he didn't know what a streamer was? But it wasn't like the man had been exaxtly noisy so far so it shouldn't have been an issue. He sat down in the gamer chair pulling out his mic and headset, turning on the PC. He took the time to set everything up checking the sound quality and lighting before starting the video. He had been invited by his usual fellow streamers to play a game if Among Us. It was very popular amongst viewers and he loved the mystery behind everyone's strategies.

   Time passed by and they were now getting into the fourth round, a streamer named Toast said he had to leave early so they all said goodbye teasing him as he went. They decided they would continue without him but now the lobby was short 1 person. Suddenly Sykkuno's followers began blowing up the chat more than usual.

"Whose that?" A few asked.

"Did you get a roommate?" Others suggested.

   Sykkuno turned around shocked to see the man hovering over him watching the stream. He was close enough that his torso was showing in the stream but not his face.

"Hey uh.... Do you mind keeping yourself busy a little while longer I'm still recording." The smaller male tried to push him away.

   Corpse did not budge, he brought out a large black phone with a hairless cat on the cover. He skimmed through the apps then showed Sykkuno the screen. He was opened up on the Among Us App showing he'd like the code so he could join.

"Oh." He was a little taken back, but he supposed even Fallens must have lives to live. He quickly returned to the discord. "Hey guys is it alright if my friend plays too."

"You have friends that aren't us?" A woman with the gamer tag Valkyrae chuckled.

   Everyone in the discord began to talk making it impossible to make out what anyone was saying but eventually as it calmed down they agreed to let him in. Sykkuno pointed to the room code at the bottom of the screen, Corpse put it in going over to Sykkuno's bead to lay down as he joined.

"Is he gonna join the discord?" Dream asked.

"I don't think so, he's a little shy." Sykkuno chuckled.

   A small black figure with horns and the name "CORPSE" appeared in the waiting room. The angel glanced over to him suspicious that he wasn't hiding anything. He was afraid his brothers may see the stream. He hoped that wouldn't be the case.

   The stream went smoothly, the group really seemed to like corpse although he would only text in the chat. He was surprisingly kind, even funny at times. He really amazed them with his flawless run at being the Imposter. The other streamers even said they wouldn't mind having him back. Corpse was just full of surprises.

   Sykkuno shut his computer down removing his headset before checking the time. It was already three and they hadn't eaten a thing besides snacks. He stood walking over to sit on the bed beside his new roomate.

"Are you hungry?" He asked.

   Corpse nodded not saying a thing. Sykkuno sat there a little longer staring at the man trying to find some sort of answers to what he could expect. But as usual he was a closed book that the angel so desperately wanted to read.

"I'll make us some lunch." He stood back up heading into the kitchen.

   Corpse hesitated before moving to the small kitchen island taking up a stool so he could watch the angel cook. Sykkuno looked over from the cupboards he was now opening.

"I'm just making sandwiches, you can go watch some TV if you want." He suggested.

   Corpse looked at the TV for a moment then moved his violet stare back to Sykkuno. The brunette felt a little nervous under his gaze but he tried to continue anyways. He began with frying up some bacon and as that cooked he placed the open face bread on a cutting board. He pulled a orange coloured sauce that he whipped up just for sandwiches spreading it over the each slice. He then topped it off with lettuce, tomatoes, and red onion which he salted. Then he gently folded ham over the vegetables, he sliced a piece of Swiss for each then once the bacon was done he finished them off. As he had said it was nothing crazy, he planned to make something more for dinner but for now it was good to get something in them. He pulled out two small plates giving Corpse his first. The masked man seemed indifferent but Sykkuno got the feeling he was grateful.

"I'll leave ya alone so you can take the mask off." Sykkuno took his plate to his desk.

   Corpse watched him leave a bit surprised that the young man wasn't going to try to sneak a peek at his face. The fallen had always been very careful of his identity in the past which made others want to pry into his life even more. But this angel, who helped him instead of giving him up, who brought him into his home, fead him, and even allowed him to play games with him and his friends, had even given him the space to stay mostly anonymous though it was his own house. The raven haired male looked down at his sandwich feeling a twinge in his chest that at the time he did not understand.