The Fallen

The next morning Sykkuno awoke in his own bed staring up at the ceiling. Had it all been a dream? He thought to himself for a moment but was brought back when he saw the slight movement of the fallen angel turning over on the couch. He tried to be quiet reaching for his luckily unscathed phone to see what time it was. Upon his notifications was a text from Zeroth. He opened it up nervously turning up his brows as he read.

'Are you alright? We found the fallens blood behind the soup kitchen you were working at the other day, please contact me when you get this.'

"Oh boy." He whispered quietly.

    Suddenly he was surprised when he heard his fridge open. Corpse had woken up and was now rummaging through in search for something. Sykkuno quickly texted his brother back explaining that he was alright and apologizing for not answering sooner. He then put his phone down proceeding to sneak into the kitchen to see what the fallen was up to. The pale skinned male was hunched over in the fridge moving things around without asking. He finally stood up straight holding an apple in his hand shrugging before glancing over at Sykkuno. He took in the frightened angel letting out a small chuckle when he saw his cute light green pajamas with covered in puppies.

"A-are you hungry?" Sykkuno asked a little unsure what to do in this position.

   Corpse held up his apple to show that this was an obvious fact. He turned away so Sykkuno could not see his face as he somehow removed the mask and took a bite. The small angel wanted to see how the mask came off or what the fallen looked like but he decided that he would respect the mans wish to stay anonymous.

"I'll go buy some groceries for you today." He said grabbing his small note pad from the fridge door that had a few things already on it. "If you'd like anything in particular you can write it here." He placed the pad on the counter. "I'm going to go take a shower first. You're free to as well."

   Corpse reapplied his mask turning around to cock a brow at the young man's words. The small boy had no idea what he had just said at first tilting his head to the side.

"Ah!" He realized. "A-after me of cour.... Course." He stammered over himself.

   The raven haired male chuckled again turning back to his apple. With a crimson face Sykkuno retreated into the bathroom to start his shower. He began running the water holding his face to try and calm himself down.

*****°•❤•°*****

   Time went by quickly as Sykkuno finished his washing up, getting dressed, and blow drying his feathery hair. He was now ready to leave the apartment as he grabbed his keys and phone. He lifted the device up to see he had gotten another text from Zeroth that said.

'I'm glad you are safe, did you have time to talk about this today?'

   Sykkuno had never lied to his brothers before but he knew he would have to in order to save his own bacon and Corpses. But perhaps this was his chance to get rid of his new problem. He moved his gaze through the room to see the dark clothed male sitting in his gaming chair spinning around as he held the same plant he had pushed the other night. It was impossible to see this man as a monster with the way he behaved. He wanted to protect Corpse, he had already saved him so he may as well see this through. He texted his brother back saying he was about to head into town now if they wanted to meet up. He moved towards the door of the home calling as he turned back.

"Corpse I'm leavi-" He started but stopped suddenly when he saw the dark angel hovering over him. "Leaving." He gulped to finnish his sentence.

    The males sharp violet eye stared into him as if he was searching for something to say. The fallen reached a hand up to hold Sykkuno's brown leather sleeve. It was like watching an unreadable cat become upset that it's owner was leaving.

"I'll be right back. You can hide out here as long as you need to. Help yourself to anything you'd like." Sykkuno tried to help him relax.

   Corpse let out a defeating sigh stepping away to let the man go. Sykkuno felt slightly guilty for leaving but he knew he needed to clear things up with his brother and get them groceries.

"I'll be back soon." He said again before locking the door.

   He stared at the shut door infront of him placing a hand on the wood and resting his forehead against the frame as thoughts engulfed his mind. He stood up straight shaking his head before beginning to walk the halls to the staircase to leave the apartment.

   Once he left the building he walked down town to a nearby coffee shop where he had agreed to meet with Zeroth. He peeked in through the window to see his white haired brother waiting alone at one of tables. Sykkuno gulped down his fear as he took a step into the building jumping to the sound of the bells above him. Zeroth looked up nodding his head when they made eye contact. Sykkuno smiled nervously heading towards the counter to order himself a peppermint hot chocolate before joining his brother.

"Where's Markus?" He said as he sat down.

"Out looking for Corpse." The ice blue eyed angel said without emotion. "What about you, did you see anything last night? We caught your scent in the alley as well. We spoke to the owner of the establishment and she said you disappeared last night."

"I did." Sykkuno admitted realizing he would have to text Tammy an apology. "I didn't see Corpse, when I went to take out the garbages I could smell the blood but then I passed out." He explained. "I woke up in the alley and was still kind of out of it so I stumbled home and fell asleep." Guilt ate at his heart as he lied to his brothers face. "I'm sorry." He muttered holding his chest.

"Sykkuno, you may be an angel of the lord but you are no warrior." Zeroth reminded lowering his voice so the humans around them would not take notice. "Corpse is dangerous, if you ever catch his scent again find somewhere to hide and call me immediately. Do you understand?"

"I do." Sykkuno nodded.

"Good." Zeroth stood from the table. "I'm going back out to search. Please be more cautious from now on. You may not be a soldier but you are still very important to us."

    These words only made Sykkuno feel even more guilty as he watched his brother leave the cafe.