𝘃𝗶. ⋮ guilty conscience

𝐒𝐈𝐗,
guilty conscience

SCHOOL WAS NOT YOUR FORTE

SCHOOL WAS NOT YOUR FORTE. Hell, was school anyone's forte? It was one of the most draining and tiring exercises that was mandatory for some god forsaken reason. You believed humans should just sit around, sleep, eat, reproduce and call it a day— do it like they did in the old days. Then again, in the old days you didn't think they had to deal with molders day problems.

Well....your modern ay problems at least. But school was a good way to get in your moments of social interaction in, even if you didn't think you needed it. Humans were built to need and crave social interaction, it was science. So it was no surprise when you found yourself gravitating towards the long square table that occupied most of your friends. Zeke had books in front of him but didn't seem to be using it and instead spent that time on his phone, Yelena  sitting right next to him but actually studying and makin casual conversation with Pieck who sat right across from her, to Yelena's right was a handsome dark skinned man who kept answering Hange's questions from across the table. To Pieck's right was a blonde man who sat between her and Hange trying to tell hange to lower their voice before they got kicked, and right across from Hange was Porco with a open seat next to him.

"Hey guys" you whispered, trying not to get the attention of the angry librarian again, Hange gasped at your arrival and excitedly jumped in their seat, motioning you to sit down. Porco, noticing your presence, smiled up at you and pulled open the seat next to him.

Ever since that night of the church last week, you and Porco and remained close. Now, while you didn't announce your little fake relationship to the world, you went to Porco after every phone call from your parents that nearly ended with you in tears over everything. School had been kicking you ass like no other meaning you barley had time to spend with anyone other than Pieck, Hange and Porco so it felt nice to finally catch your breath and talk to new people.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Porco asked, indirectly asking you how you felt after last night's conversation with your parents. While that one didn't end up in tears, it did end up with you trying to force yourself to invalidate your own questionable sexuality, you stayed with Porco till nearly 2 in the morning while he tried to reassure and validate everything you were feeling. Fun times.

"Hey, I'm good, thank you for last night." You replied, he nodded at your response and went back to focusing on his work. Hange smiled widely at you, as per usual.

"Guys this my friend" they called the attention of everyone at the table besides Yelena who kept her head in her books and introduced you. "This is Onyankopon and Moblit, my right hand man." You smiled at them politely and waved.

"Nice to meet you, I'm surprised Hange hasn't scared you off yet." Onyankopon joked, Hange gasped in offense. You chuckled and looked towards the end of the table.