𝘅𝗶𝗶. ⋮ the lucky ones

𝐓𝐖𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄,
the lucky ones

FOR THE PAST WEEKS leading up to today, you and Yelena were attached to the hip

FOR THE PAST WEEKS leading up to today, you and Yelena were attached to the hip. You spent your mornings in class tapping your legs till the hour of the crossing schedules came and the two of you got to meet up again. Your nights were spent going on adventures together, her taking you around the city and showing you things you didn't even think existed beyond a tv screen. It was truly bliss.

But the weekends were always officially reserved for your best friends. When Saturday would hit, you, Hange and Pieck would all meet up at one or the others houses and get a couple drinks, watch a scary movie or have a spa day, depending on the mood. Sunday was the day Porco would join, which is also around the time the three of you would do all kinds of arts and crafts on the poor blonde boy. From painting his nails to gluing false eyelashes on, Porco was already used to all the feminine products you all concocted.

Pieck claimed you three were saving him the trouble now and preparing him for a girlfriend to which he walked out the door and proclaimed he was never letting you guys near him ever again.

For the past weeks, everything was bliss.

But when have you ever had a break?

"Have you been keeping up with your prayers? I don't need you falling behind and cursing the rest of us, am I right?" Your father joked causing you and your mother let out a fake laugh.

"Yes, of course." You nodded, almost forgetting they couldn't see you.

"And your studies?"

"Yes, ofc course."

"And your—"

"Oh dear, how many times are you gonna make her repeat herself?" Your mother butted in, cutting off your father with a fake breathy laugh, you mentally thanked her for that. Your father laughed along.

"How's life, hun? Anything new you'd like to tell us?" He asked

"Um..." you hesitated, already fearing their judgement on anything you were gonna say.

"Oh sweetie, ask about the boy!" Your mother whispered on the other end as you contemplated lying.

"Your mother is asking about a boy? Polio? What did you say?"

You nearly laughed at the name, "Porco, dad. And uh...I think...we're dating..." you told the truth, unconsciously already used to it.

"Oh! How lovely! Oh my goodness that's amazing!" Your mother congratulated, you could nearly hear your father grumbling in the background as she took the phone from him. "That segways right into my next point!"

"What?"

"We're coming up there next month!" Your mother exclaimed, you nearly choked on your old saliva and immediately rushed into the nearest bathroom as to not disturb any other library patrons.