𝘅𝘃. ⋮ blue

𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍,
blue

                EVERYTHING IS BLUE

EVERYTHING IS BLUE. Well, from your perspective of course. The cheap flickering blue lights adorned the empty hallways of the dorms as you mentally prepared an explanation in case Pieck was in there with her weekend drunk. Or worse, her weekend fuck.

Your parents would not only make you move dorms but change schools if they found "sinful" acts happening in your shared room. The morning had run smoothly so far and you didn't need anything messing that up. And even after rehearsing what you were gonna say in your head multiple different times, you couldn't help but hesitate in reaching for the doorknob. You took a deep breath and knocked.

A few seconds of muffled shuffling later, the door swung open to reveal your pale brunette roommate who flinched at the bright light and wiped her pink cheeks with the sleeve of her hoodie, most likely having woke up from a nap. You opened your mouth to ask but decided to hold back for the moment.

"Sorry. Did I wake you up?" You apologized, hissing slightly seeing her tired state.

"No, no, it's okay." She waved you off and let her eyes adjust to lighting, finally noticing the three other people. "Oh? Who is this?"

"Pieck, these are my parents. Parents, my roommate, Pieck." Her eyes widened as you introduced them, quickly pushing the hair out of her face and plastering on her award winning smile.

"Oh my- I'm so sorry I don't look presentable, college is so stressful these days and naps have just been calling my name." She shook their hands firmly, not catching the side eyes glance your mother gave her.

"Ah yes, so you do work hard, right?" Your mother asked, you wanted to bury yourself into a hole at the condescending tone she used. You hoped Pieck didn't notice.

"Yes, of course. I take morning classes and go to work all throughout the afternoon and a little after midnight." She explained, pleased her work experience, your mother nodded and crossed her hands over her bag.

"And what is it that you do for work?"

"Oh I work again law firm as an assistant, one of my friends, Zeke works there with me so—"

"Zeke, yes. I- we met him earlier today, such a kind and handsome young man." Your mother butted in, Pieck raised her eyebrows but nodded regardless.

"Well after spending my late teens with him he grows to be less and less attractive to me. But he is the reason I met Yel—"