𝘃𝗶𝗶. ⋮ i met sarah in the bathroom

𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍,
i met sarah in the bathroom

"PLEASE PIECK" you whined, your dark haired roommate rolled her eyes and flopped onto her bed

"Not happening, babes." She replied, completely turning down your offer. You threw yourself on your bed and stretched out dramatically.

"But I've never been, it's not fair." You complained, Pieck sat up and looked over to you suspiciously

"Why do you want me to go to a party so bad? Especially one being hosted by Eren fucking Jaeger."

"Well who else has parties around here?" You sat up as well and faced her side of the room, "Besides, what's wrong with Eren Jeager? He's Zeke's brother, isn't he? He can't be all that bad."

"Half-brother. Zeke and Eren are...the weirdest sibling I've ever met. Zeke is on the more thoughtful side, he thinks before doing anything, a business man for sure and has a more realistic outlook on life. Eren, on the other hand is impulsive, a little naive but not stupid, and has all the qualities of a teenage boy despite being 19 already." Pieck explained thoroughly

"How did you guys become friends?"

"Middle school. Eren was still young but we went to the same playground and one day, as I'm casually playing in the sandbox, this two year old boy comes up to me and just throws sand in my face unprovoked. And as any 10 year old does, I started bawling my eyes out and this other boy, much other than us runs over at pushes his brother out the way to help me out of the sandbox. Eren didn't know what was happening at the time but even when he grew up and found out, the little shit laughed about it." Pieck cursed, you tightened your lips into a straight line to stop the laugh that nearly escaped.

"How long have you guys been friends?" You asked curiously

"Too long. Zeke and Yelena have been friends since she came out of the womb though. Zeke even delayed going to college because he didn't go wanna go in alone." The two of you laughed.

"Speaking of Yelena....what are you guys?" You questioned, Pieck paused and began playing with her hair, "Sorry if I'm intruding, I just—"

"No no no, you're good I just..I don't know. I mean I guess the technical term would be friends with benefits, no?"

"I think so. Do you like her? If you do, i think you guys have a chance...y'know together." You felt your heart squeeze at the words coming out of your mouth but didn't stop yourself.

Bad habits. They were harder to break than most people would think. While some people are selfish with claiming their territory on a person they hold interest in, you most definitely did not participate in said claiming. You preferred to sit on the sidelines, give advice to someone else, boost their confidence and help them ask out the person you wanted all along. Bad habits, if only it were that easy to get rid of. Maybe then you'd stop breaking your heart.