Chapter 3: Talking

My alarm went off blaring in my ears. "Ughhhhhh" I groaned turning off the alarm clock. At least it was Friday... I went through my phone checking if I had any missed messages.

Hey Sweetie, I'm going out to work I'll see you tonight, love you xx

Of course, my mum wasn't going to be home, she works way too much but there's nothing I can do to stop her. I got up and went for a shower putting on a pair of baggy jeans with rips in them with fishnets on underneath with a plain white top on and running out of the house and into my car. I didn't have a fancy car or anything but I don't care too much about what my car looks like. I sped off going to work.

I finally got to work rushing in and putting on my apron, it was a 30-minute drive from the house to work but I like how most people I know don't go there, I'm a bit weird like that. I don't like going to places where a lot of people I know hang out there. I went into the cafe and put on my apron. It's a 6-hour shift from 10:00 - 16:00 or 4 pm. I don't make much money but at least I get to take the tips I get home. Which makes me a decent bit of money Over the week.
Once I finally get off I collect my tips and finish off cleaning some of the tables and before I leave I decide to get an iced tea from the cafe. I head to my car and head home. I go to my room and sit at my computer switching my LED lights to dark green.

I open discord to see who was online and maybe if anyone wanted to talk. To my surprise, I had a message from Corpse.

Hey, we're going to be streaming at 3 pm. You know a similar group to the one we had last night and I was wondering if you wanted to join?

I smiled, I'm really glad that he wants to include me, it's nice of him to ask.

         Hey I'd love to join, thanks for asking

To my surprise, he answered back almost immediately.

Cool, how are you?

I'm okay,  just got off work so I'm kinda tired tbh but other than that I'm fine :)

How are you?

Oh, I'm fine just feeling a little sick but nothing too bad. Umm, I have a kinda weird question though.

Aww if you're feeling sick you should rest but what's your question.

Can I have your number? I kinda want to call you and speak properly but you don't have to if you don't want to.

No that's fine don't worry.

I sent him my number and in a couple of minutes he called me, I put him on speaker and we started to talk whilst I started to shut down my computer. "So what do you work as?" God is forgotten how deep his voice was. "Oh I'm a barista at a cafe, it's not the best money but money's money," I said as trying to be casual but a little shocked by his voice. Yet all he did was laugh obviously hearing my surprise. "So what ya doing?" I asked regretting it as soon as I said it. What a great conversation starter Avery. Good job.

"Talking to you and editing some videos." He chuckled "ooooo what kind of videos? Among us ones?" I asked, "I have to edit some of them, yes but right now I'm editing one of my horror story animations." He said casually "umm what?!?" I said kinda confused. Horror story animations. He did what now? He chuckled "I do voiceovers for horror stories, people send them in and I narrate them" he explained. "Ohhhh that makes a lot of sense," I said kind of embarrassed.

We kept talking for a couple of hours until my mum got home and called me down for dinner.
"Oh I'm sorry I've got to go but I'll talk to you later, on the stream right?" I said making sure I wasn't being a complete idiot. "Yeah, of course, talk to you later." "Bye!" "Bye," we said hanging up and I ran downstairs almost falling down the stairs.

"Hi honey, I made you spaghetti and meatballs for dinner," she said STILL cooking it but telling me that dinner was done, I could've stayed on the phone a little longer with corpse I thought. He was really interesting and easy to talk to. Soon enough she put the food in front of me and we had dinner together. We're both really busy with work so we rarely get to see each other so dinner if when we finally get to talk.

After dinner I head upstairs chill a bit shuffling my playlist "Just for Good Vibes" and I soon I heard my alarm going off saying I should get ready to stream. I rush over getting my recording stuff ready and learning that I need to put something to cover the game code. I learnt that from talking to corpse. I opened among us, started my stream and joined the discord call.

Authors Note: I hope you are enjoying the story, I tried to include corpse a bit more during this on sooo tell me what you think :)