Chapter 11: Car Rides

Authors Note: okay I know I haven't updated in so long but JESUS CHRIST YOU GUYS!!!!! 1.6K VIEWS!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE INSANE!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH I APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH!!!!!! This chapter is kinda short idk but I will try to update more often!

We stared at each other in silence for a couple seconds neither of us knowing what to say or do. Finally corpse cleared his throat and said "it's nice to actually meet you." I sat there shocked for a second, his voice sounds so different in person rather than on call, I'm not quite sure what the difference is but it's a big one. "Yeah, it's nice to see you too" I smiled back. "So where do you wanna go?" I asked not knowing what I was thinking asking him to hang out in the first place. "Well- uh." He stumbled on his words trying to figure something out "we could, uh, well, im not sure" he kept mumbling.

"Have you had anything to eat?" I asked. He stared at me kinda shocked looking though I couldn't tell too much of his facial expressions since he was wearing a mask. "I mean, not since lunch" he said said confused. "Well why don't we get some pizza or something!" I suggested hoping he would say yes because I was starving "sure" he said laughing because my stomach rumbled right after I mentioned the word pizza.

So I started to drive and corpse connected his phone to the car so he could play music (he does have really good music taste I do have to say). He directed me to the nearest place where we could get pizza because I still have no clue where anything is in this town. We both decided on just a plain cheese pizza because I'm super picky eater.

After what seemed like forever we got the pizza and as soon as I pulled over into an abandoned parking lot corpse immediately looked worried. "Umm I can eat with a mask on but uh-" " oh my god! I'm so sorry!" I said realising that corpse wouldn't want me to see his face. "I could face the other direction or just look down or" I started rambling on things I could do so that he could eat easily. "Avery." He said making me shut up and look at him "there's nothing really reflective in here except for the mirrors so do you mind just looking down? You don't have to if you don't want to, like I said i can easily eat with a mask on now and I trust you enough not to look at me anyways" he said softly, I could tell he was smiling through his mask. I just nodded, put my head down and started to eat the pizza.

Corpse placed his mask down and took a splice of pizza. We were both pretty silent eating with the occasional couple of awkward questions.

Avery                                                         Corpse

"So do you like the pizza?"

"Yeah, do you?"

"Yep"

"Do you like your new house?"

"Yeah but I do really miss our old house"

"House? Not home?"

"We don't stay in places long enough to call it a home"

"Time doesn't make a house a home"

"I guess you're right ."

"Do you call your place a house or a home?"

"House."

"Why's that?"

"Because you need love to make a house a home"

"Oh"

Once we had finished the pizza corpse put his mask back on and I put the empty pizza box in the back seats of the car. "You can look up now" I looked up to meet his brown eyes. He laughed softly "you have a little pizza sauce on your face." I cringed at myself, of course, I did. I tried to wipe it off with my hands but I couldn't find it "Do you mind if I?" He gestured his hand to me and I just nodded. He wiped a bit of pizza sauce off my cheek and backed off. His hands were surprisingly soft. We both sat in silence again for a bit. "So what now?" I said laughing at how bad we were at trying to communicate.

Somehow we ended up driving everywhere and anywhere blasting music singing along together. I made him sing "white tee" and for payback he made me sing "cat girls are ruining my life!" let's just say My voice is not the right pitch for that song. We started to sing together "acting like that" by MGK and YUNGBLUD and it was so much fun!!!

Before we knew it it was 3 am! I drove corpse home and he said "we should do this again" he got up opening the door and stood there saying "text me once you're home." I smiled. "I will" he shut the door and I watched him walk into his 'house'. I drove home and as soon as I got in the door I text him.

Corpse

I'm home! :))

I went to go wash off my makeup and get into pyjamas. I lay down on my bed smiling at the thoughts of my day. The amazing memories I had from the amazing people I was with. I soon fell asleep exhausted from the long day not noticing the message corpse text me until the next morning.

Corpse

I'm home! :))

I had fun tonight, we should meet up again soon!

Also, I didn't say you do look very pretty, I hope that doesn't sound weird aha.

Goodnight Avery, Sweet Dreams :)