Chapter 6: An Off Day

Quick Authors Note: This song is played in the chapter so here it is in case any of you wanted to listen to it :)

I woke up at 5 am but I was still on the phone to corpse, has he fell asleep as well? I felt odd so I decided to say something "hey, are you awake?" I asked groggily. He cleared his throat "yeah I'm up, shouldn't you be asleep?" He asked sounding far away. "I usually don't stay asleep the full night, I usually get up during the night" "that's not good you should probably get that checked out" I groaned "I've dealt with it almost my whole life. I've never told my mum though so if she asks I sleep perfectly fine" "why haven't you told her" he asked getting closer to his phone. "She has too much to deal with" I sighed waiting for his response. "What time is it over there?" I asked after a minute. "9 pm" "ughhhhh" I groaned. I didn't want to go back to sleep. "Want to talk more?" I asked still sounding half asleep. "You should go to bed, you'll be tired in the morning" "nooooo please I want to talk to you" I whined. "Avery, go.to.sleep." He said sternly. "Nooo pleaseee I want to talk to you" I whined again. "Go.To.Sleep." He said again. "Fine," I mumbled. Trying to go back to sleep after an hour or so I was still awake and corpse was still on the phone to me, I tried to go to sleep I really did but I just couldn't. "Go to sleep," he said surprising me. "What? How did you know?" I asked shouting a little bit. "Just go to sleep dork," he said laughing. "Oh, I'm a dork now am I?" I asked him giggling. "Yes. Now sleep." He laughed "I'm not leaving until you go to sleep" "then I'll never sleep so then you can't leave me" I joked but all he did was stay silent. I got tired soon and went to sleep.

I woke up at 10 am with corpse still on the call. He's probably asleep I thought moving around and getting up and grabbing my phone about to hang up until he said "good morning" stopping me "shouldn't YOU be asleep?" I said starting to laugh "I don't sleep till later," he said casually. "It's 2 am over there, go to bed," I said trying to copy his voice but just sounding like a straight up idiot. He chuckled "is that really what I sound like?" "Oh god no, I really tried but nope I'm never going that again," I said embarrassed. "Will I tell you a bedtime story then?" I joked "sure why not?" He replied. "So what do you wanna know?" I asked smiling at the idea "ummmmmm why you started to stream" "Rae forced me. The end." I said "fine then" he laughed "have you had any pets?" He asked. "Nope, we move around too much, It'd be too stressful for the animal," I said "any tattoos" "maybe," I said quietly "How many? Where?" He asked quickly sounding interested. "One on my ankle" "what is it?" I paused for a second, should I really say? "Ummm just a name" "who's name?" He asked "doesn't matter," I said quickly wanting to get off the subject. "I gotta go, sorry," I said wanting to leave. "Oh okay, I'll talk to you later," he said sounding disappointed. "Later," I said before quickly ending the call.

I didn't mean to sound bad but I just. I just. I can't tell him that. I haven't told anyone that. The only people who know what it means are the people who knew them. And I trust corpse. I really do trust him but. I don't know. I just. I can't bring myself to tell him about them. They'd like corpse if I'm being honest. They would probably have been best friends with him. I just. I don't. I just can't tell corpse right now. Not now. It's not the right time.

I tried to shake off these thoughts by going into the shower but nothing worked. I couldn't stop thinking about how badly I treated corpse. I started to feel guilty which is a feeling that makes me feel sick to my stomach. I got out my phone and text corpse.

Hey, I'm so sorry about the way I left. I didn't mean to be like that. I just. I'm sorry. It just has a big meaning behind it, that's all. And it just makes me I don't know. Hard for me to talk about.
I'm really really sorry.

I sent the text. Ughhhh why am I like this? It shouldn't be this hard. Should it? Ughhhh I annoy myself so much sometimes. I've got to work on video ideas for next week though. I sat down at my desk and got out my notepad and started to write down ideas for future video ideas and what else I can do except among us. I love among us but I can't just do that.

I was there for an hour and a half until I realised that was enough for the now and I deserved a break. I went downstairs and went to get some lunch. It was way past breakfast time and past brunch time as well. I still wasn't that hungry though. I wasn't bothered making anything so I made myself some cereal and told Alexa to shuffle my "chill" playlist like usual. If I believe you by the 1975 came on and like always I had to dance along to that song. It wasn't really a dancy song but I still did.

After I finished my cereal I washed my bowl and went back upstairs to chill. I turned my LED lights to rainbow strobe but slow cause it gives me a sore head otherwise. I put in my headphones and layed down on my bed just staring up at the roof. I didn't have much to do today. I never really had anything to do. I just exist. I don't do much. I'm just here. Today was going to be a hard day. I could tell that it would be a long day. Filled with nothing except my overbearing thoughts. I hated these kinds of days. After a while, I decided to get up and look at my phone. It's 4:30 it's still pretty early in the day, I layed back down and looked at my messages. Just one from Rae.

Hey, we're not doing any streams tonight but I was wondering if you wanted to join our call. It's just going to be me, Sean, Felix, Sykkuno, corpse, Poki and if you're joining you obviously.

Yeah, that's super cool thanks Rae, I can't wait :D

If I'm being completely honest I was kind of nervous. I felt like corpse was mad at me for being you blunt and rude. Was I just overreacting? No, I shouldn't have been like that to him. It was wrong and I shouldn't have done that. I should have just told him. I. I don't think I can tell him though. Why am I like this? No stop. I can't be thinking like this if I'm going to get through the day.

I went back to working on ideas for YouTube and streams. Maybe I could play some games like maybe Life is Strange or Sally Face or maybe even Fran Bow. The games all look really good and I've never played them. They are quite old though. And most people have probably played them, but I would be fun to watch my reaction to them right? Right?

Mum broke my train of thoughts by shouting me down "Dinners ready" jeez has it been that long? Maybe this day is going by faster than I expected. We sat down at the dinner table "I just ordered a pizza tonight, I hope that's okay" my mum said setting down the pizza box Infront of me and sitting on the other side of the table facing me. "That's okay," I said digging in. We both ate in silence again. It's weird like this. Usually, we can't get each other to shut up but now. Ugh, I hate this. We finished dinner pretty quick considering we weren't saying anything. I thanked her for dinner and ran upstairs going to my en-suite and brushing my teeth. And seeing missed messages from Rae saying that they were on a FaceTime call. I joined with my camera off obviously and started to talk to them.

"Avery are you okay?" Rae asked surprising me. "Uh yeah why?" I replied confused "you've just been quiet and once I replied to your message, you know the one from the other day? You kind of just ignored it" she was right. I was acting off but I don't really know why. Maybe it was cause of us moving? I don't really know anymore. "Hey, are you still there?" Corpse said breaking my thoughts "oh. Uh. Yeah, I'm here." I paused for a second trying not to cry. "I know I've been acting off. I don't mean it I just-" my voice started to crack and shake "I just don't feel good right now, that's all," I said getting my voice back to normal. "Awww I'm sorry, is there anything we can do to help?" Poki asked in a sad tone. "Just." I paused. "Just what?" Sykkuno asked curiously.

"Will you guys just stay my friends?"

Authors Note: I am so sorry I know this chapter is all over the place I was just experiencing really bad writers block and didn't have much motivation but I still wanted to write today so here it is. I hope it wasn't horrible.