Chapter 9: Fly Away!

~ one week later ~

"Are you almost done?" Mum asked staring at me from the door. "Mhm," I replied tired from the long day of packing. "Okay, set your alarm for 3 am and we should get there on time" my mum smiled walking out the door. "Goodnight honey," she said shutting the door. "Goodnight" I mumbled going to sleep in my room for the last time. I don't know what it is but I liked this house more than usual. It's the one I actually decided to call my home. I lasted down in bed in bed putting the colours to a dark purple for the last time. I went to sleep that night with tears down my face wishing I could just stay here for a little longer.

My alarm blared in my ears, 3 am it read. I got up taking a quick shower just to wake myself up a little bit and shoved on the clothes I left from the night before, simple leggings and a baggy hoodie. I put my pyjamas and final fee toiletries in my suitcase and rushed downstairs to see my mum waiting for me at the door. "Ready?" She asked. "Ready." And with that, we headed out the door.

The car ride wasn't long but still a decent amount of time, we went through the airport surprisingly without any trouble. Not that we had to hide anything it was just that usually we would get beeped or we had a bottle of juice in our baggage because we forgot something so simple. After we got through security we got a couple of snacks for the plane ride since we already knew that we would get served a meal because of how long the plane ride was. Soon enough our gate got called and we had to rush to get through the doors.

Mum was extremely excited about moving I'm not sure why though, it's not like her to be so giddy about stuff like this but here she was barely able to sit still in her seat like a child waiting to go on one of the 'big kid' rides at the fair. I luckily got the window seat and put in my earphones shuffling a Melanie Martinez album. I lay back in my seat and the plane took off, the sky was gorgeous. The sun was rising as we went up into the air and looked as if it had burst into flames. It was orange and had a reddish tint painting the clouds. It was gorgeous.

The rest was a complete blur, I barely remember what food they were serving. Was I even awake at that point when they served the good? I'm not sure anymore. I remember the plane landing and the funny feeling that goes through you when they finally hit the ground, the pilot got an applause which I've never done before but it felt pretty cool. I bet the pilot is happy.

We got off the plane after about 10 minutes of people pushing past and getting their luggage from over their heads. We were one of the last people off but that's okay! Once we got off we got our suitcases from baggage claim and got a lift to where we would be living for who knows how long. After a long, long hour drive we arrived at the new house I might be calling home. The house was extraordinary, I am not joking when I say it made my jaw drop. It was beautiful. I ran upstairs to see where my new bedroom would be, my mum, knowing exactly what I was trying to do, lead me to my new room.

It was so cool! My bedroom, twice as big as my old room! It was so spacious and it had an en-suite just like last time but better! The shower was bigger than before and it just looked better in general. My room even had a balcony. YES A FREAKIN' BALCONY!!! Maybe this place won't be so bad after all I thought smiling to myself. I mean look at the view I'll have of the stars. I can't wait till it gets dark and I can see the moon and stars. I ran downstairs to see my mum on the phone to someone sounding happy. "We'll get your room all decked out soon" she smiled "So, what do you think?" She asked cautiously. I ran up and hugged her making her fall a little bit but soon hugging me back "thank you Mumma" I said softly. "Your welcome baby" she whispered making me want to cry.

After a long moment, we stopped hugging and she said she had to get things sorted like the car and furniture like the couch and essentials like beds but sleeping on the floor won't really be too much of a problem. I took my bags upstairs and unpacked most of my stuff. I'll need to get some led lights for my room I thought to myself. I didn't have anywhere to put my computer and mic yet so I say them up on the floor along with a makeshift bed I'll be sleeping in for the next couple of days.

Soon mum called me downstairs for dinner. She ordered a pizza since cooking wasn't really something either of us were up to tonight. We ate our pizza finally chatting happily and laughing together again. This might not be bad, I think I might actually like it here.

Authors Note: Hey so sorry I haven't been updating that much I've just been going through a bit of hard time but no worries! I'm okay! Anyways I hope you enjoy this I kind of just threw it together cause it's late at night and I can't sleep lol. Anyways have a good day/night! Goodbye! :)