Chapter 9

There's a time skip to June here, just so y'all don't get confused<3
————

"Welcome to your last day of class for this school year you guys!" Dream smiled at his students, which all had the same excited glow on their faces.

"Today we're just gonna rest easy, okay? But first, you guys have to go clean out your lockers," Dream explained, and some people groaned.

"I know you guys hate it, but you gotta do it, so go on," Dream motioned at the door and his students made their way to their lockers.

He smiled again, the last few months had been rough without talking to George, but he finally felt content, and his feelings for the brunette had finally faded–just like he said they would.

George only spoke to him when necessary(and vice-versa), and Dream didn't mind it anymore.

A lot of things have changed, and I'm okay with that, Dream thought.

Besides, between streaming, teaching, spending time with some old friends and family, he wouldn't have had the time for a relationship.

"Knock knock," Sapnap said jokingly, entering Dream's classroom.

"What's up?" Dream nodded to the raven haired man. He shrugged, "nothing, just wanted to see how you were doing, it's always emotional to send kids off to the next grade."

"It is," Dream murmured, "but I'm holding up for now. I'll start sobbing at the end of the day though."

"Heh, I stopped by George's room and I could tell he was trying not to cry," Sapnap laughed and Dream joined in.

"At least we get to teach new kids next year," Dream smiled at the thought, and Sapnap nodded, "definitely looking forward to that."

"It'll be great."

————
It's now July 4th
if that's not independence day I'm going to feel so stupid. Idek if it's called independence day-
I live in canada don't judge me pls idk how it works in america, and i'm too lazy to look it up😭✋
————

"Dream hurry up! The fireworks are starting at 10!" Sapnap yelled as Dream rushed down the stairs, "okay, okay, jeez calm yourself."

"Well sorry, but it's fireworks," Sapnap giggled, "fireworks Dream."

"Yeah, yeah I get it, come on," Dream snatched his keys off his counter and went outside, locking the front door after Sapnap.

They both got into the car and Dream started it up, pulling out of the driveway.

"So, do we need to make any stops on our way to the park?" Dream asked and Sapnap nodded, "we need to stop at Karl's and pick up him and Quackity."

"Oh I didn't know Quackity was at Karl's," Dream replied, surprised. Sapnap nodded, "they had a sleepover."

Dream giggled, and coughed to cover it, "okay then."

"Adults can have sleepovers Dream!" Sapnap crossed his arms, pretending to be angry.

"Mhmmmm sure, okay," Dream held back another laugh.

After about 10 minutes of driving, they got to Karl's place, where the two friends were waiting outside.

Dream pulled the car to a stop, opening his window, "get in!"

Karl and Quackity both got into the car, buckling their seatbelts.

Dream pulled away from Karl's house and began driving towards the park.

"Hey um... Dream?" Sapnap was looking at his phone.