four

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"𝙄 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙞𝙩 𝙗𝙪𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙚, 𝙄 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙞𝙩 𝙗𝙪𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪,"

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

chapter four1207 words

"ARE YOU COMING LIA?" ELOISE called from somewhere ahead of me.  I looked in the direction of the voice and saw her dressed in a long evening gown that was dragging through the mud? I glanced around and took in my surroundings. We were standing between some sort of fortress or perhaps it was a castle and a forest? I could feel the grass between my toes and realized I wasn't wearing shoes. 

"Lia," Eloise grabbed my arm and I looked at her, a wild smile painted on her lips. My arm felt hot where her hand was touching. Her hair was wet and hanging loosely around her face, I blinked. Oh, it was raining.

"Well I don't want to stand around all day in the rain waiting for you to get yourself together," with her other hand she reached up and tucked a stray, and apparently wet hair behind my ear. Her fingers traced from the bottom of my ear down my neck, and back up to my chin. Why did her touch feel so hot? I wasn't cold, was I?

Her thumb moved across my bottom lip, leaving it practically trembling. Oh wow her face was close to mine. Lips now inches from mine and I couldn't help but stare at them. How had no one's lips not claimed hers yet?

They were so perfectly shaped, so pink, and boy did they look soft.  I wondered what it would be like to feel her lips.  Against my hand, my neck, my lips, my shoulder or perhaps somewhere else.  

Eloise was a force of nature but would she kiss like one? Would she be gentle and stroke my cheek as our lips made love? Or would she let me initiate the kiss, let me take control, let herself sink into the kiss. Or perhaps her lips would claim mine, own them. Her mouth on mine, her tongue giving orders, arms wrapping around my waist, pulling me closer until our bodies were melting together.  

Would she kiss me in the rain, and let her touch be completely in charge of my body temperature.  Let the rain wash over us as we were wicked. Or would she run with me into the castle, and find somewhere, not even nature could reach us.  Push me against the cool stone wall and let our lips dance.

"Eloise," it came out as a whisper.  The hand that was grabbing my arm, slid down until our fingers were entwined.

"Yes?" her voice made my knees feel weak, as did the look she was giving me.

"Kiss me," two words, one intention.

She did. Her thumb left my lips and progressed to the back of my neck to pull me closer. Our lips met once, and then again, and then again.  Her kiss was an addictive drug and not one I planned on quitting anytime soon.  I let go of her hand and snake them around her waist. I can feel her smile against my teeth as I remove the little space remaining between us. Both of her arms are around my neck and now I'm really kissing her. I'm kissing her how I've only read about in books. Kissing her like I'm the hero and she's the princess I just saved, or maybe she's the hero and I'm the princess that has spent the whole war thinking about her. 

I woke to the sound of someone knocking on the door.  The door to what? I had no clue. 

"Christ almighty," a voice growled from the other side of the bed.  My heart stopped and I sat up, way too fast apparently because the world was now spinning. 

What on earth had happened last night? 

"Aurelia, what are you doing in my bed?" the voice said again, gentler. My vision had stopped spinning and I blinked, what was I doing in Eloise's bed. Mild panic rippled throughout my body before I realized I was still dressed and so was she.

"Good morning ladies," Colin Bridgerton's voice rang through the doorway, and then my head. Him and Simon, who's eye was bruised, strolled into Eloise's room carrying a breakfast tray, "how are you two feeling this morning?" he was smiling and his eyes flitted between the two of us, "No I didn't think you'd be feeling great," he handed Eloise a glass of water, who took a moment to inspect it, and then took a big sip.

"What happened last night Colin," her voice was hoarse, and she took another sip. Colin and Simon looked at each other smiles growing.

"Well, you two somehow escaped from the wine cellar, instead of just claiming you were no longer enemies and drank an entire bottle of wine," Simon started.

"And then proceeded to sneak back into the house with cold water and pour it on us while we were sleeping," Eloise spit the water back into the cup, "oh don't worry sister we locked you in the wine cellar and it seems you two are friends now so I currently have no intention of poisoning your water," she put the cup down, unconvinced.

"We tried to catch you before you left the house, but apparently wine enhances your speed so we were forced to chase you, soaking wet partly down Grovsner square," Simon chuckled. That explained the blisters on my feet and my pounding headache. 

"First of all, we're not friends, just two passive-aggressive air signs," Eloise retorted, rubbing her temples and then looking at me, "I read that in a book,"

I could only nod, unable to form sentences over my massive headache.

"Second of all, I will never trust any water you hand to me Colin, that's not going to change now," 

"Have it your way then, we just wanted to make sure you two were still breathing," Colin threw us a cheeky smile.

"Get. Out," Eloise muttered and the boys followed suit. As soon as the door shut behind them she started to examine the breakfast tray they had brought in.

"Did he actually poison the water?" my throat was incredibly dry. 

Eloise was examining a muffin, looked me directly in the eye stonefaced and said, "he did something worse," I cocked my head at her, "there are raisins in these muffins," she sounded so depressed to find out that there were raisins in the muffins that I let out a guffaw of laughter.  Her face curved into a smile, and that was when I remembered my dream.

It probably didn't mean anything.

Or at least that's what I thought.

okay don't kill me I know the whole dream thing is cliche af, but I felt like it needed to be done

I also know that this is shorter than my last one, but I'm over halfway done chapter 5 and will be posting it on the 13th

let me know what you think in the comments