Chapter 08: Extraction, Part I

Armored Core and Azur Lane are both properties of FromSoftware and Yostar. Please support the official release.

I only own the story and nothing else more.

++++

White Knight of the Azure Seas

Chapter 08: Extraction Part I

++++

Unknown Island

300 miles away from Sakura Empire Territory.

A pair of Aichi E16A Zuiuns flew above the abandoned, ruined settlement that fell to the Sirens when they attacked decades ago.

They are conducting a recon flight to spot for three targets; two from the Royal Navy, and a Kan-Sen from the Sakura Empire who had been seen being carried by the two.

After a few moments, the sea erupted, as the Sirens launched a volley of weapons fire from their newest weapons, an upgrade resulted from the encounter with the newcomer from another world.

The Siren Heavy Cruisers & Battleships all have a new weapon called a 'Vertical Launch System' is installed upon their hulls; a compartment composed of either 32 to 64 Cells, and each cell carries two missiles each, and paired with the Sirens' ability to affect reality, they can essentially, blot out the sun by firing a swarm of missiles onto their enemies.

The Light Cruisers & Destroyers also carries VLS Cells, but theirs only composed of either 8, 10 or 16 cells.

The swarm of missiles arched towards the island, and exploded in a cacophony of destruction, further pulverizing whatever derelict structure they hit.
For the three Kan-Sen hiding within the abandoned island, it is utter hell.

"Waaaahh!! Sheffy, the entire place is shaking!!" Edinburgh cried, as she held her hands up her head to shield herself from the debris that the explosions are creating.

Sheffield just gritted her teeth, as she held onto the nearest wall, as she felt an explosion near their position, shaking the already weak structure of the abandoned church that they're hiding.
Her lone eye that is open saw streaks of light and smoke coming from the sea and arching towards their position.

Sheffield pulled Edinburgh and Akashi away from where they are, as a missile hit their previous location, sending dust and debris everywhere.

After the fierce missile barrage, the entire island is insured by smoke and dust. Sheffield can still hear the scout planes fly by, so she turned towards Edinburgh and Akashi.

"We better move to a safer position. With this dust and smoke, our movements will be concealed." Sheffield said, making the two nod their heads.

"And better keep that box with you at all times, Edinburgh." She added.

"U-Um, r-right!" Edinburgh replied.

"Are your friends coming for us, nya~?" Akashi asked.

"We can only wait until their arrival. For now, we need to survive." Sheffield said.

++++++

With the Enemy Fleet

A few minutes after the missile barrage

'What destructive power.' One of the Kan-Sen said, as she looked upon the slowly dissipating dust and smoke from the island.

The demonstration of the missile barrage by the Sirens is giving her a feeling of apprehension towards their 'allies'.